The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Messed up AS exams. Still got a chance for LSE?

)yhgf
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
-Bump-
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by anarbayram
Hey guys,

Today my AS results came through at I got a B in maths B in Econ and C in Physics (2 marks of a B - getting it remarked)(Also im going to resit the maths and econ next year to try and bump up to an A). I only have 3 AS subjects because Im wasn't sure what to take as a 4th one. This year im hoping on taking a forth AS while doing my A2'. Im either gonig to do Business Studies (easy option) or Further maths AS (harder option).

I got 2A* and 5As and 3Bs at GCSE. My predicted A2 Grades are AAA and I have over 6months of work experience in Trading firms. Considering that I get my predicted grades and do an AS in Business or Further (please advice on which is best) and that my personal statement is really good. Is there a chance of me getting in to LSE for the Management course (which requires 3A's). Please be honest and suggest any better alternatives. I really want to get into LSE and its my first choice UNI by far.

And i was wondering if on my UCSA i can put my AS results as ''Pending'' as I am hoping to resit them next year.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I think LSE Management is the most competitive course at LSE currently with something like 140/1800 offers given which narrows your chances. Then again, if you are predicted AAA and an A in maths and have a good PS then you still have a chance.
Reply 3
Original post by A12R34
I think LSE Management is the most competitive course at LSE currently with something like 140/1800 offers given which narrows your chances. Then again, if you are predicted AAA and an A in maths and have a good PS then you still have a chance.

Thank you for your response, do you think it would be beneficial to take up a fourth AS subject in the second year?
Reply 4
Original post by anarbayram
Thank you for your response, do you think it would be beneficial to take up a fourth AS subject in the second year?

I think LSE like further maths as a 4th AS or A-level so maybe do that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending