The Student Room Group

I'm a failure :(

I have HAD it ,I'm sick of it,I'm tired of it.
It seems like no matter how hard I try ,no matter how hard I work I always fail at the end.
I've failed my alevels twice now .BCD the first time & now BBC .I am sick of it.
:'( :'( :'( :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

BBC is not a failure

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Days123
It seems like no matter how hard I try ,no matter how hard I work I always fail at the end.
I've failed my alevels twice now .BCD the first time & now BBC .I am sick of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's certainly not a fail. Is this full A level grades?
Have you thought of apprenticeships or a btec version of your course? You might just not be coping well under exam stress?:frown:
If you got high BBC grades then you'd probably be predicted AAB which isn't that bad is it?
But you have improved from the first time. It's not a fail.
Reply 5
Original post by RonnieRJ
That's certainly not a fail. Is this full A level grades?
Have you thought of apprenticeships or a btec version of your course? You might just not be coping well under exam stress?:frown:

I finished my alevels in 2014 with BCD,
AS went alright ,I managed ABB.
Then I found out yesterday (results day 2015) I had BBC .Now I'm back again sitting my alevels when people my age are going to 2nd year of university :frown:
It hurts ,I want to cry because I worked so damn hard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by RainbowKiwi
But you have improved from the first time. It's not a fail.

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Hey there! Ok, perhaps you are slightly disappointed that you haven't quite met your own standards. However you have done really well on improving your grades by a grade each.

What is it you want to apply for?
Original post by Days123
Then I found out yesterday (results day 2015) I had BBC .Now I'm back again sitting my alevels when people my age are going to 2nd year of university :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

stop worrying about other people.
Original post by Days123

Posted from TSR Mobile

At least this means that you'll get to uni? I've seen alot of people getting offered ABB and still got in with BCD of their firm unis, BBC is actually quite a feat. Even if you uni offers AAA, you might just be able to still get in :smile:
I got BCC, took a year at Leeds City College doing a Foundation year (where you only needed 2 E's to get in), worked hard, did really well and I am now studying Electrical & Electronic engineering at the university of Leeds, a Russel Group and among the best of the best EE engineering schools in the country! Entered uni a year later than most of my friends but it was worth. In actual fact, I never saw any of the friends I studied alevels with ever again. Except my ex girlfriend, once. And I don't care one bit because I made new ones. :biggrin:

My point is, disappointing alevel grades is not the be all and end all.
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't worry about people your age going into their 2nd year, what use is it getting depressed over that? Focus on yourself. You have improved since last year which is excellent. If you continue with that you can get even better grades in this academic year and go to Uni. Chin up :smile:
What do you wanna do at uni
Original post by hermaphroditecat
BBC is not a failure

Posted from TSR Mobile

The BBC should be scrapped
I got AS grades CEU last year in maths,chemistry and biology. I got BBCC in maths, chemistry,biology and english literature. Will I not get into university because as a resit student I have mediocre grades and not all As like everyone was expecting
BBC is not failure. I really wouldn't judge yourself especially not against TSR - the grades here aren't reflective of the whole country.

What matters most is what you want to do. If BBC allows you to move towards the next step to where you want to be then it doesn't matter. Just don't compare yourself - you've achieved something and you've improved on your previous grades so give yourself a break and congratulate yourself. You ought to be celebrating and looking towards the next chapter. Well done and good luck with what you decide to do next - you have so many options right now.

Edit: as for people your age being in their 2nd year - forget about that. I have a degree but I did the wrong one so I'm going back to do a second one! Just because someone is at uni doesn't mean they're on the right course or that their life is perfect. It's not a race :smile:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Days123

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi there!

What course at University were you hoping to do? There are still plenty of clearing spaces available across the board so I would be too hard on yourself - BCD seems to be getting people onto some courses so don't give up!

If you were interested in the possibility of studying this September instead of retaking and taking another year out, why don't you give our clearing team a call on 01522 886622. Or - DM me and I can talk through your options :smile:

Best of luck!

Ben
BBC is good and you can go to university with those grades. Look at clearing places. 2 years is nothing in a lifetime of 70-80+!
Can't you go to a good university with BBC?
Original post by Days123

Posted from TSR Mobile

BBC equals 280 UCAS points though. Don't go through A levels again, you can still go through clearing I'm sure? 280 is enough to get you into a number of good unis. Have a quick look if there are any spaces left anywhere that you'd like to go :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending