The Student Room Group

Can my clearing uni see my grades through UCAS?

I'm really scared there might of been a mistake because I got really low grades compared to their typical offer. They took my UCAS ID so I imagine they can see my grades and all the other info.
Reply 1
Original post by BioAgent
I'm really scared there might of been a mistake because I got really low grades compared to their typical offer. They took my UCAS ID so I imagine they can see my grades and all the other info.
They should be able to, but if you want to make sure you can check when you next speak to them.
Reply 2
Original post by Minerva
They should be able to, but if you want to make sure you can check when you next speak to them.

They just confirmed my place on UCAS and it says its only conditional to non academic requirements so does that mean the grades are ok?
Reply 3
Original post by BioAgent
They just confirmed my place on UCAS and it says its only conditional to non academic requirements so does that mean the grades are ok?
Sounds like it - it should say what the non-academic requirements are (eg DBS or the like).
Reply 4
Hi,

Can someone please reply to my question ASAP!
My questions is this: how long is you verbal offer from a university valid for? I’m asking because I have been offered a verbal offer from university A, but the university B that I have called through clearing has told me they would reply back on Tuesday/Wednesday next week (18th or 19th Aug).
Hence my worry in that I may lose my verbal offer from university A if I hold on too long because I know that there is Validity period but don’t know how long.

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by mehdi313
Hi,

Can someone please reply to my question ASAP!
My questions is this: how long is you verbal offer from a university valid for? I’m asking because I have been offered a verbal offer from university A, but the university B that I have called through clearing has told me they would reply back on Tuesday/Wednesday next week (18th or 19th Aug).
Hence my worry in that I may lose my verbal offer from university A if I hold on too long because I know that there is Validity period but don’t know how long.

Thanks

They should say in the e-mail confirmation they send you. you could try and e-mail them to find out.
Reply 6
Hi,

I do not know how frequent this question is, so if it is frequent, I am sorry.
I am going to do Mechanical Engineering BEng at Liverpool John Moores University, which I reluctantly accepted. My question is this:
If I get a 1st Hons in Mechanical engineering at LJMU, what would be my chances of doing a MSc advanced aerospace engineering at a top/good university such as University of Liverpool/Manchester/Imperial etc, when I have done my BEng degree at a not so good university (LJMU)?

So to summarise the question, is getting a 1st at a bad university better than getting a 1st at a good university in terms of application success towards a MSc degree?

Thanks
Reply 7
I'd just like to ask a quick question verbal agreements. I only emailed the uni I wanted to go to quite a few times and they said that my grades were okay to be considered to apply for the course. What exactly is a verbal agreement? For instance, would you have to call them and they would say something like "if you apply to us through clearing, we will definitely accept you onto our course." Or is it more like "if you apply here, we will consider you".
Reply 8
Original post by mizuvoid
I'd just like to ask a quick question verbal agreements. I only emailed the uni I wanted to go to quite a few times and they said that my grades were okay to be considered to apply for the course. What exactly is a verbal agreement? For instance, would you have to call them and they would say something like "if you apply to us through clearing, we will definitely accept you onto our course." Or is it more like "if you apply here, we will consider you".

From what I understand when you call them they will see if your grades are good enough and then either say they will offer you a place or not.

If they give you an offer then you just have to accept it by adding it in clearing and they just confirm.

This is how its gone for me so far, hopefully there are no surprises.
Reply 9
hey, can someone reply ASAP to the previous question please! i will mention it again.
Much appreciated!

Hi,I do not know how frequent this question is, so if it is frequent, I am sorry.
I am going to do Mechanical Engineering BEng at Liverpool John Moores University, which I reluctantly accepted. My question is this:
If I get a 1st Hons in Mechanical engineering at LJMU, what would be my chances of doing a MSc advanced aerospace engineering at a top/good university such as University of Liverpool/Manchester/Imperial etc, when I have done my BEng degree at a not so good university (LJMU)?

So to summarise the question, is getting a 1st at a bad university better than getting a 1st at a good university in terms of application success towards a MSc degree?

Thanks
Reply 10
If I accepted a course related to my original chosen course and then after a while switch to the course I originally wanted to go, would they still consider my A levels? Or the grades I had in the course? How does it work?
Original post by mehdi313
hey, can someone reply ASAP to the previous question please! i will mention it again.
Much appreciated!

Hi,I do not know how frequent this question is, so if it is frequent, I am sorry.

Thanks

Original post by Shaaa9
If I accepted a course related to my original chosen course and then after a while switch to the course I originally wanted to go, would they still consider my A levels? Or the grades I had in the course? How does it work?

No one is answering your questions because the only people who can answer with any confidence are the universities concerned.

Contact them directly and ask them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending