The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

- What qualification are you taking?
A-Levels
- What subject/s are you going to be taking?
Either Maths, Bio, Chem and Physics/ Maths, FM, Physics, Chem/ Maths, Bio, Chem, German/ Maths, Physics, Chem, Geo
- How do you feel your GCSEs went?
Decent
- An interesting fact?
I'm not interesting
Reply 21
A Levels
Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Computing
OK, I hope :curious:
- An interesting fact?
To my knowledge, I am currently alive
Hey there! :h:

Admittedly it's my first time in forums of these kinds, but I figured now would be the time to start, and maybe stop myself from being a mere lurker on TSR and maybe even progress onto being... *Gasp* An active contributor!! :biggrin:

A-Levels!

I'll be taking Maths (OCR), Further Maths (OCR), Economics (Edexcel), Modern History (AQA) and General Studies (Edexcel) if that counts.. :tongue: I'm still a bit wary about taking Further Maths, whereby we do the system of completing the full Maths A-Level in one year with 8 lessons a week. So if that doesn't work out, I'll switch it out for Government & Politics and probably do that up until the end of AS. :smile:

Honestly, I don't think I have much to complain about, and nothing seemed to go too disastrously apart from AQA's French Listening... *Shudder* :s-smilie: Despite this though, I've somehow managed to panic, and I have frequently recurring nightmares about exams I'VE ALREADY TAKEN! :angry: I think looking at unofficial mark schemes, especially for the Sciences, has gotten me worked up way more than I should have been. I also dwell occasionally on little mistakes I may have made in exams, but I'm hoping for the best on Thursday. :redface:

- An interesting fact?
Hmm, I always do struggle to be interesting on command.. :laugh: ... I'm learning the ukulele..? (Although calling it learning in itself may be rather subjective!) :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Black Rose
We're olddd :shakecane:

Not as old as @Gingerbread101 and @Neuth tho... :giggle:
Original post by Midnightmemories
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Year 12 thread!

This is where we all can post now and this OP is a work in progress!

To get everyone started off while the OP is under construction, here's some questions for you answer!
- An interesting fact?

A-Levels (Hopefully!)- What subject/s are you going to be taking?History, economics, psychology & Photography - How do you feel your GCSEs went?Actually okay :smile:- An interesting fact?
I'm a very uninteresting person
op stands for the person who made the thread, not the first post

so new to ethernet
Question to everyone;
Are you printing the syllabus for your new subject/s or are you waiting until the start of your year? I've seen advice saying to do both and I'm lost on what to do
Original post by BroJoeJoe
I'm learning the ukulele..?

??
Woo, year 12 thread already! Can't believe it.

A level :eek:

I'm taking Chinese, English Language, Philosophy and Ethics and Maths (Mechanics).

They went well although I'm worried that I'm too relaxed about it! There's always something to fret about...

- An interesting fact?
I have a lot of hobbies and interests at once and 'multipotentialite' is the fancy word for that. Also, I want to study Japanese at uni. :smile:
Original post by JessThomas
Question to everyone;
Are you printing the syllabus for your new subject/s or are you waiting until the start of your year? I've seen advice saying to do both and I'm lost on what to do

I'm going to wait till I know for certain what subjects I want to do in case I don't like something I've currently chosen.
A-Levels
Maths, Further maths, Biology, Chemistry
Some good, some bad. I'm really nervous for Thursday and I feel I've done ****
- An interesting fact?
I know pi to 119 decimal places. (I know - I have no life):biggrin:
Woohoo, Year 12 thread!!:h:

A levels :smile:

Government & Politics, History, Sociology and World Development (which I will most likely swap for Business)

I am only moving to the UK this year and I have been studying abroad, so I haven't sat GCSEs :colondollar: I needed to sit IELTS though, which went really well and granted me a place in college.

- An interesting fact?
Cooking, books and music = my life:u:
Original post by kenstaviciutte
Woohoo, Year 12 thread!!:h:

A levels :smile:

Government & Politics, History, Sociology and World Development (which I will most likely swap for Business)

I am only moving to the UK this year and I have been studying abroad, so I haven't sat GCSEs :colondollar: I needed to sit IELTS though, which went really well and granted me a place in college.

- An interesting fact?
Cooking, books and music = my life:u:

Fair play to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What qualification are you taking?
A-levels

What subjects are you going to be taking?
History, Sociology, ICT and maybe Biology if I get a B in my gcse additional science

How do you feel your gcse's went?

Not good at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Yay, a year 12 thread!:biggrin:
To get everyone started off while the OP is under construction, here's some questions for you answer!
Hopefully, A Level/AS(the Tories have ****ed it up so much I've got no idea which subjects there are still ASes in. You know what I mean:smile:)
History, Politics, English and French.
I should have found them easy as hell and got 9 A*s, but I didn't do practice past papers because I didn't think I needed to so I royally ****ed up most of them.
- An interesting fact?
I guess the most interesting thing about me is that I'm eligible to join Mensa if I wanted, but I don't like to brag about it. Other than that I'm boring and more than a little weird really:biggrin: Oh, and I have Asperger's, if you hadn't worked that out from the username:tongue:
does anyone know what the deal with AS's is? my school told us that the government cancelled them and now we have no exams at the end of year 12 and all the A2's (I assume they'll have a different name now?) will be sat in year 13, hence they encouraged us to take 3 subjects only

it seems that this is not the case with other 6th forms/colleges... what's going on, lol?
Original post by frostyy
does anyone know what the deal with AS's is? my school told us that the government cancelled them and now we have no exams at the end of year 12 and all the A2's (I assume they'll have a different name now?) will be sat in year 13, hence they encouraged us to take 3 subjects only

it seems that this is not the case with other 6th forms/colleges... what's going on, lol?

That's new :frown: I'll look for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

The new AS Levels will now be a separate qualification and no longer count towards the A Level grade. It will still be a one year course, but with exams only at the end of the year. Assessments will be mostly through exams although in some cases there will be limited amounts of coursework. The new AS will earn 40 per cent of UCAs points whereas the old one will earn 50 per cent.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by Midnightmemories
x

Its hereeeeeee :party:

a possible idea for the title post; how about we list all the subjects and put in those users who are studying them? might be nice to see who is studying your subjects? i'm happy to put it together for you :h:

What qualification are you taking?
A Levels

What subject(s) are you going to be taking?
Further Maths, Additional Further Maths, Physics, French

How do you feel your GCSEs went?
Quite well, I suppose we shall see next Thursday :ahee:

An interesting fact?
I work part-time at Waitrose
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by Mr...
Hallo :colone:

get back in your new thread!! :wink:

Latest