Original post by Gingerbread101
GCSE :smile:

It's all gravy :h:
Original post by Nirgilis
It's all gravy :h:

What does that even mean? :lol:
Original post by Gingerbread101
What does that even mean? :lol:

According to Urban Dictionary, it means 'everything is cool' or 'no worries' :lol:

You not up with your Youth Speak? :tongue:
Okay...

Taking Biology Chemistry Maths and English Literature.

Fact: Hm, visited UCL and LSE this summer (2 summer schools ^^)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nirgilis
According to Urban Dictionary, it means 'everything is cool' or 'no worries' :lol:

You not up with your Youth Speak? :tongue:

:rofl:

Apparently not, I should stop with my trivial A Levels and get studying that instead! :tongue:
Original post by nox1
It is quite scary to think that we'll probably be writing our personal statements this time next year and choosing unis. Is anyone going to open days this September/October? I am, after being advised by the two years above me to do that.

It's a pretty good idea! :smile: I'm heading to one or two open days while I still have my summer left, and probably a few more in September/October to start off with. I think its important to have a good idea of which universities you'd like to apply for as early as possible, so that you can use it as a motivation for studying, and also so that you can help tailor the appropriate activities and enrichment you ideally need to be doing, so that your personal statement can be filled with lots of wonderful things! :tongue:

The specific course content of universities is also hugely important when making decisions, as after all, you'll be doing it for maybe 3/4 years. I guess another major reason is that we're probably going to be a lot less busier and under stress towards the start of the year, and you may be waiting a while for the next university open day if you miss the earlier ones. :biggrin:
Original post by BroJoeJoe
It's a pretty good idea! :smile: I'm heading to one or two open days while I still have my summer left, and probably a few more in September/October to start off with. I think its important to have a good idea of which universities you'd like to apply for as early as possible, so that you can use it as a motivation for studying, and also so that you can help tailor the appropriate activities and enrichment you ideally need to be doing, so that your personal statement can be filled with lots of wonderful things! :tongue:

The specific course content of universities is also hugely important when making decisions, as after all, you'll be doing it for maybe 3/4 years. I guess another major reason is that we're probably going to be a lot less busier and under stress towards the start of the year, and you may be waiting a while for the next university open day if you miss the earlier ones. :biggrin:

I'd like to do it but there's some stuff going on with my grandparents so I wanna wait until it all calms down until I start looking :frown: anyway at the sixth form Im going to we start looking in October/November etc!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nox1
It is quite scary to think that we'll probably be writing our personal statements this time next year and choosing unis. Is anyone going to open days this September/October? I am, after being advised by the two years above me to do that.

Hasn't sunk in for me at all that I've even done my GCSEs yet, let alone that I've got to start thinking about universities:eek: I've got a couple in mind to try and check out at some point, but time's just gone so quickly, seems like only yesterday that I started my GCSE courses:frown:
Reply 89
Original post by Midnightmemories
Not as old as @Gingerbread101 and @Neuth tho... :giggle:

Hush it you :giggle:

And we're not as old as @8472, @Aph and @keromedic :wink:
Reply 90
Original post by Neuth
Hush it you :giggle:

And we're not as old as @8472, @Aph and @keromedic :wink:

I'm not that old:shakecane:

Not as old as @keromedic...
Original post by BEARichards
I'm currently playing Frenchy in a local production of Grease which starts showing in the theatre on 19th August :biggrin:

Our school did Grease this year, it was fab! Frenchy is one of my favourite characters, she's so funny. Good luck :smile:

Original post by nox1

I'm hopefully going to a Cambridge one in September (to do with their rowing team mainly) but I'm not sure about anywhere else yet. Maybe Sheffield as well. I'd better get looking!
- What qualification are you taking?
I am taking the IB :smile:
- What subject/s are you going to be taking?
HL Biology, Chemistry, Philosophy
SL Maths, English, French
- How do you feel your GCSEs went?
I thought it went well at first and now I am constantly doubting myself.
- An interesting fact?
Diamonds are my best friend : D

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL is my reaction to going into year 12 it doesn't seem true.

Time goes past awfully quickly and I'm sad more than anything. :frown:

What qualification are you taking?
A Levels -

What subject/s are you going to be taking?
Still not firmed this up
English Lit, Maths, Biology and Geography likely to change

How do you feel your GCSEs went?
I think quite well a few A* and several A's will make me happy

An interesting fact?
I was born legs first not breathing! :colonhash:

I feel old take me back to year 7 :biggrin:
A level
English Literature (WJEC) Psychology (WJEC) and Health and Social Care (WJEC)
At the time I felt fine but the closer I get to thursday the worse I feel, but that's normal I think. I worked harder than I did last year and last year I didn't fail anything so that's a good sign.
- An interesting fact?
Not interesting but I intend on being a children's nurse :smile:
Hiya guys :biggrin:

IB [insert pterodactyl screech of fear here]

HL History, Philosophy and English Lang/Lit, SL Maths Studies, Biology and Spanish

Meh, could have been much better ...

- An interesting fact?
I'm baking bread right now, actually :P (oh, and I'm an ENFP)
Original post by thevamps99xo
Fair play to you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It kind of is:colondollar: Depends on the way you look at it though, I wish I was able to take GCSEs to be honest - would've saved me a lot of trouble.
Original post by Midnightmemories
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Year 12 thread!

This is where we all can post now and this OP is a work in progress!

To get everyone started off while the OP is under construction, here's some questions for you answer!
- An interesting fact?

Ah I feel so old now, I feel like it was just yesterday when I was introducing myself on the Current a Year 10 thread! Can't believe it's been 2 years already :eek:

What qualification are you taking?
A Levels

What subject/s are you going to be taking?
English Lit, Psychology, Sociology and Government and Politics

How do you feel your GCSEs went?
Not great :frown: I'm so nervous for Results Day, if I do badly I won't be able to stay at my school's sixth form and I'll have to change my A Level options :frown:

An interesting fact?
I don't really have any interesting facts but here's a random fact - I really love reading :smile:
Hey everyone!

A-Levels
English Literature, English Language, IT & Sociology
I'm a big believer in jinxing things. I felt they went okay after the exams, but lately I've been having dreams about a results sheet of Cs and Ds.
- An interesting fact?
I play an instrument :nopity:(not the violin)
Hi:biggrin:
-What qualification are you taking?
A-Levels
-What subject/s are you going to be taking?
History, English Literature, German and Film Studies
-How do you feel your GCSEs went?
I think they went well overall... I did make some silly mistakes though
- An interesting fact?
I hate nutella

Latest