The Student Room Group

Should this go in reference or PS?

So I got my AS results yesterday which were AABcc. I'm dropping the two C subjects, leaving me with AAB going forward next year.

I'm quite disappointed overall since I was wanting a minimum of AAABB, but last year I was very ill and only managed an attendance of 64% so I guess I haven't done too bad.

I want the inform the unis of this since their entry requirements generally exceed my AS results at AAA. Just something along the lines of "Unfortunately, my results didn't match my expectations this year which was a result of my illness. This has made me even more determined to succeed going forward into A2". Would this be best suited to my personal statement or my reference, or not at all?
Original post by ryanroks1
So I got my AS results yesterday which were AABcc. I'm dropping the two C subjects, leaving me with AAB going forward next year.

I'm quite disappointed overall since I was wanting a minimum of AAABB, but last year I was very ill and only managed an attendance of 64% so I guess I haven't done too bad.

I want the inform the unis of this since their entry requirements generally exceed my AS results at AAA. Just something along the lines of "Unfortunately, my results didn't match my expectations this year which was a result of my illness. This has made me even more determined to succeed going forward into A2". Would this be best suited to my personal statement or my reference, or not at all?

Thats something for your referee to put in your reference.

Quick Reply

Latest