The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JTran38
In my school, I have two top sets doing Triple Science the others will do Core and Additional Science.

We were taking about english c: but in my school 5 sets of 25 are doing triple and 1 class is doing double
Reply 341
Hey I'm going into year 10 and need tips for revision.
I find maths the hardest any tips?
Original post by Gurj.S

Practice. Keep practicing things you struggle with so you become a pro at that topic. That's what I did. You can also practice exam questions by doing some past papers. Those are my tips. Also....

:banana:Welcome to the club!:banana:
Original post by Gurj.S

Welcome Aboard! What subjects are you studying for your GCSEs and with what exam board? In terms of revision tips, I agree with @MrMackyTv that practice is the key to success and also you should manage your own time wisely.
Reply 344
Original post by JTran38
Welcome Aboard! What subjects are you studying for your GCSEs and with what exam board? In terms of revision tips, I agree with @MrMackyTv that practice is the key to success and also you should manage your own time wisely.

thanks I study English maths science history it statistics and French
Original post by Gurj.S
thanks I study English maths science history it statistics and French

Good choices made for your subjects. I assume you don't know which exam board you are in for each subject.
Reply 346
Original post by MrMackyTv
Practice. Keep practicing things you struggle with so you become a pro at that topic. That's what I did. You can also practice exam questions by doing some past papers. Those are my tips. Also....

Reply 347
Original post by JTran38
Good choices made for your subjects. I assume you don't know which exam board you are in for each subject.

I think mostly aqa and ocr but I'm not really sure
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Gurj.S
I think mostly aqa and ocr or cgp but I'm not really sure

CGP is not an exam board mate, it's a company who makes those useful revision books. :P You can always check with your teachers as to what exam board you're in for your subjects.
Reply 349
Original post by JTran38
CGP is not an exam board mate, it's a company who makes those useful revision books. :P You can always check with your teachers as to what exam board you're in for your subjects.

oh yh lol I just saw a book on my desk and t said cgp. thanks will do
Original post by Gurj.S
oh yh lol I just saw a book on my desk and t said cgp. thanks will do

LOOL. :smile:
Reply 351
Has anyone done a 'yellis test' yet? Our teachers told us that we will be taking the test this Monday and I'm slightly confused on what exactly it is. Anyone who has done it, please give examples of questions.
Hi, i'm Mell and new to TSR. Just entered Yr 10 and am a bit freaked out on new maths and english GCSE.
My subjects are-
maths
add math
english (lit & lang)
biology
physics
chemistry
german
geography
business
food

I would love to become a neurologist in the future, but seems a long way away so also keeping my options open. :tongue:
Original post by s.haq
Has anyone done a 'yellis test' yet? Our teachers told us that we will be taking the test this Monday and I'm slightly confused on what exactly it is. Anyone who has done it, please give examples of questions.

I don't know what that is, did you ask your teachers? Also are you in year 10?
Original post by mell2000
Hi, i'm Mell and new to TSR. Just entered Yr 10 and am a bit freaked out on new maths and english GCSE.
My subjects are-
maths
add math
english (lit & lang)
biology
physics
chemistry
german
geography
business
food

I would love to become a neurologist in the future, but seems a long way away so also keeping my options open. :tongue:

You seem to be ambitious which is good :smile: What exam boards are you on for those subjects? How has your first day gone? What are you expecting for the year ahead and are you ready? :biggrin:
Hello!!!

How've the first few days back to school been!?!?!?
Original post by mell2000
My subjects are-
maths
add math
english (lit & lang)
biology
physics
chemistry
german
geography
business
food

Welcome Aboard, Mell! 😃
Original post by mobbsy91
Hello!!!

How've the first few days back to school been!?!?!?

Hi, I was back on Thursday and it was alright though I wish, I returned back on Monday.
Original post by JTran38
Hi, I was back on Thursday and it was alright though I wish, I returned back on Monday.

Ahh fair enough! Although at least it's a half week to kick off this long term!
Original post by mobbsy91
Ahh fair enough! Although at least it's a half week to kick off this long term!

LOOL :P

Latest