The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm a bit late but ah well :tongue:
Well hi! I'm Eloise!
What subjects are you taking? English Lit and Lang, higher maths, triple science, RS, German, Computing, ICT, Geography!
What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11? A levels! Hopefully become a writer (hence the username) but if not I'd like to become a teacher, special needs or English!
What are your hobbies and interests? Take a guess at my favourite hobby :biggrin: As well as writing, I like to read, get way too obsessed with music, talk with my friends and I'm usually singing or dancing terribly while doing all of that :wink:
How do you feel about Year 11? It's been a rollercoaster, filled with terrible people, but also some great people and moments! Very stressful though!
What are you most looking forward to in Year 11? Well, I was looking most forward to everyone beginning to get along with each other, and it's worked Favourite Subject? English, or the ICT and Computing coursework!
Favourite Smiley? :h: It's just so cute!
Also late but what can you do :-)

I'm Ellen!
What subjects are you taking? English Lit, English Lang, Maths, Core Science, Additional Science, Media Studies, Art, GCSE ICT, Graphic Technology, R.E.
What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11? A Levels (hopefully Creative Writing, Literature, Graphics & an EPQ), then maybe University and then something in writing.
What are your hobbies and interests? Writing, reading, music, hiking, animals, films, games
How do you feel about Year 11? It's been my easiest year emotionally but the stress is really coming into effect now. But still significantly better than Y7-10.
What are you most looking forward to in Year 11? I was most looking forward to getting it over with!
Favourite Subject? English (used to be Art until the stress hit in Y10...)
Favourite Smiley? :nopity:
ran out of time for OMAM - if I had an extra 15 mins I reckon I would have gone up a few grades :redface:
AIC was alright though
I haven't been on here in sooo long because i haven't had time due to exams ugh ,but i thought i'd put my opinion out on the exams i've done so far :
IGCSE english language ( CIE ) was okay
(Edexcel )unit 2 RS/RE went really well!
French reading (Edexcel) also went really well but i found the listening harder
Biology was okay (AQA) damn those how science works questions , i think i did okay on the scientific knowledge questions though
Chemistry went really well (AQA)
Today i just did my (WJEC) english literature exam on To Kill a Mockingbird and unseen poetry which i think also went okay
Pretty happy so far. 7 exams down and 16 to go!!!
I've been on this thread for a while, but I just realised I haven't answered these questions yet (or maybe I'm just looking for ways to get out of revising...)

QUESTIONS FOR YOU TO ANSWER-
What subjects are you taking? Triple Science, English literature, English Language, Maths, History, French and Business
What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11? Get work experience during the holidays, study Biology, Chemistry and History at ALevel (and maybe Physics at AS), get the grades I need and go to Uni to study Veterinary Medicine :biggrin:
What are your hobbies and interests? Horse Riding, procrastinating... I can't really remember what else I'm interested in, exams have taken over my life...
How do you feel about Year 11? Meh. Can't wait till its over now.
What are you most looking forward to in Year 11? Finishing it.
Favourite Subject? History
Favourite Smiley?:colondollar:
Anyone doing AQA drama tomorrow?
My English lit exams are 49 marks in 45 mins, 40 marks in 45 mins and 40 marks in 45 mins for OCR English Lit 😩

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did fairly well on TKAM but on DNA I messed it up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ForeverFrench
Anyone do Igcse English lit CIE?
Jekyll and hyde? who did the shakespeare poem?

I had the exam today too, I did the sonnet but I thought the Jekyll and Hyde passage was awful, only boring scene in the whole novel :angry:
Original post by emmz233
I had the exam today too, I did the sonnet but I thought the Jekyll and Hyde passage was awful, only boring scene in the whole novel :angry:

I did the sonnet not many in my year did the sonnet, I thought the passage was fine just a crap question, what do you think about grade boundaries?
Is there an unofficial mark scheme for AQA A geography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone AQA IGCSE Geography?
Original post by ForeverFrench
I did the sonnet not many in my year did the sonnet, I thought the passage was fine just a crap question, what do you think about grade boundaries?

Our teachers always marked 90% for an A* so it was nice to find out that normally A* boundary is usually 70-75%! I think most people didn't find the exam super hard though, so maybe they won't be super low. I guess people might feel differently after drama & unseen on Friday
Original post by emmz233
Our teachers always marked 90% for an A* so it was nice to find out that normally A* boundary is usually 70-75%! I think most people didn't find the exam super hard though, so maybe they won't be super low. I guess people might feel differently after drama & unseen on Friday

Haha same. I do geog B but it was also fairly easy (maybe people think this every year?). I reckon the A* boundary will be about 85%
How did people find the AQA media studies exam?
Original post by Real_jenn
How did people find the AQA media studies exam?

I didn't know what imaginative narrative meant...
guysss!! Anyone who is sitting AQA P1 exam tomorrow, please could you simplify/explain the paragraph about musical instruments on page 91 in the full nelson thorns textbook?? No matter how many times I read it, I just can not understand it!!
Original post by worksmartnothard
guysss!! Anyone who is sitting AQA P1 exam tomorrow, please could you simplify/explain the paragraph about musical instruments on page 91 in the full nelson thorns textbook?? No matter how many times I read it, I just can not understand it!!

It's just saying how the sound vibrations and air build up in things like instruments which makes them louder. So if you tune a guitar, the vibrations will be stronger so it resonates more and is louder.
Original post by GCSEstudentt
It's just saying how the sound vibrations and air build up in things like instruments which makes them louder. So if you tune a guitar, the vibrations will be stronger so it resonates more and is louder.

Ahh ok, thank you! I know this is stupid but what do you mean by it resonates more??
In Paris with you, to his coy mistress and i think the other one is ghazal but i could be wrong

Latest