The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Reply 61
Figured I should probably answer the questions too!
What subjects are you taking?
Maths,Further Maths, English literature, English language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, R.S, Art,German,History and Geography
What are you hoping to do after finishing Year 11?
Grammar school sixth form (Hopefully if I get all A* and A) and the dream is to study dentistry at KCL
What are your hobbies and interests?
Baking, Reading, Art, Swimming, Volunteering, Netflixing,TSRing
How do you feel about Year 11?
Excited, nervous, not all that ready (yet!)
What are you most looking forward to in Year 11?
Results day! 6th form interviews, DHG duties
Favourite Subject?
Humanities
Favourite Smiley?
:fleurdelis:

Feel free to ask any questions!
Reply 62
Original post by 0lut0
Thanks for quoting me feels good to be part of the new Year 11 community :biggrin:

You're welcome!
Reply 63
Original post by Frodokins
Welcome all to the Snazztastic, Current Year 11
thread 2015-2016 MKI
NOTE: First of all if you are in Year 11 and haven't already, please feel free to join the group. @karmacrunch is admin so she'll accept your requests once you've posted on here. Here is the linkhttp://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/group.php?groupid=2726
:bl: Let's break the ice!:bl:

QUESTIONS FOR YOU TO ANSWER-
Favourite Subject?
Favourite Smiley?

Feel free to use this thread to post any question you have about Y11 or GCSEs etc. or just random chatter. A few crazy Year 11's I would advise you look out for if you are new @karmacrunch @Mr... @VanillaCupcake @SmiggleWiggle @Gooeychocolate - they're absolutely wild.

Here are some useful sites:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Big thanks to @Gingerbread101 @karmacrunch @Mr... for helping out with the OP, forgive me , this is my first time!

Will be quoting people and adding some final touches soon

Hey guys! My name is Ken.
1) I am taking:Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, RE, Geography, French, PE and FSMQ additional maths. in year 10 , I did english lit and statistics.
2) After year 11, I hope to go to sixth form, and hopefully attend oxford to study physics.
3) I am a talented footballer, I love science particularly physics. I'm a maths geek.
4) I'm feeling fairly confident about year 11.
5) I'm looking forward to exams and prom.
6) My favourite subject is physics.
Reply 64
Original post by Mr...
:rofl:

And why exactly do you feel so elitist? The OP clearly states you must answer those questions in order to introduce yourself and I haven't seen you answer them. :wink::p:E
Hop to it! :dance::pierre:

Spoiler

Reply 65
Original post by Mr...
:rofl:I'll answer it later :mmm:
You should copy and paste everyone's intros into a huge expander or spoiler:yep:

I forgot everyone else had a prom:moon:

I'm doing the FSMQ too :yep:

I'm not savvy enough to do that :frown: I have no idea how to :redface:
Reply 66
Original post by Mr...
:lol: You could ask Gingerbread to help as she can edit your posts :yep:

Ah okay, Ill message her later and ask her to give me a hand!
Reply 67
Original post by Mr...
:rofl:I'll answer it later :mmm:
You should copy and paste everyone's intros into a huge expander or spoiler:yep:

I forgot everyone else had a prom:moon:

I'm doing the FSMQ too :yep:

Have you started FSMQ yet?
I'm not savvy enough to do that :frown: I have no idea how to :redface:

[noparse]

11 Year thread intros

[/noparse]

^that

Edit: Just saw you were going to ask gingerbread :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mr...
I was gonna do that but I didn't know how to the the noparse thing :redface:

[noparse][noparse]text[/noparse][/noparse]

I noparsed that so you could see how to noparse :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Mr...

I've just finished The Colour Purple and the next book on my list is To Set a Watchman :yep:
My favourite has to be 1984 or the Percy Jackson series :redface:
I would definitely recommend watching it. :yep:

My PM only taught it to us in Yr3 then it was all Spanish until Yr7 where it was both French and Spanish :yep:
That's a lot of French, how would you suggest improving my accent?:redface:

I don't know if my accent is good enough for me to suggest anything worthwhile, but I'll try anyways!
The only thing I can think of right now would be keeping some sort of vocabulary notebook with sneaky or difficult words you encounter along with their phonetic spelling. I actually found this really helpful, however due to the severity of my laziness and procrastination, I stopped doing this about half-way through Year 10 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 71
Original post by Mr...
.Nah, I start in September! What about you?

I'm starting in november/december

Feel free to use this thread to post any question you have about Y11 or GCSEs etc. or just random chatter. A few crazy Year 11's I would advise you look out for if you are new @karmacrunch @Mr... @VanillaCupcake @SmiggleWiggle @Gooeychocolate - they're absolutely wild.

Ooh, I got a mention in the OP :colondollar:

May as well answer the questions for anyone who doesn't know me:

-English Language, English Literature, Triple Science, French, History, Computing, Economics, Religious Studies and FSMQ in Additional Maths. Did my Maths GCSE this year, might also take Japanese as a private candidate.

Go to Sixth Form and study Maths, Further Maths, Physics and French. Then, who knows lol

...sleeping?

Bring it on is what I want to say, but I'm dreading the coursework for History and all three Sciences

Study leave (we got it this year and it was beautiful), more maths, not having to stress about Maths GCSE... (those two probably shouldn't be in the same sentence) I'll hate having to miss sleep for revision though

Favourite Subject?
Maths and French :biggrin:

Favourite Smiley?
:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mr...
:rofl:

You're welcome :hat2:

Did it just in case and just checked, yep, needed to do that, otherwise it'd just show "text" :tongue:
English Language, English Literature, Maths, Double Science, ICT, Philosophy and Applied Ethics, French, Performing Arts and Sociology.

What are you hoping to do after Year 11?
I intend to stay on at my school's sixth form and study English Literature, French and Performing Arts - if all goes well, I hope to study English at uni!

I've run my blog for several years, so I mostly moan and whine about the difficulties of modern teenage life. Wonderful! :P In addition to that, I'm very keen on becoming the next Mary Berry in the kitchen, despite needing some practice on baking cakes.

What are you looking forward to in Year 11?
Discovering my potential and hopefully an ability to keep sane during the hectic exam season!

Favourite subject?
Definitely English, though Sociology and Performing Arts come very close.

Favourite smiley?
Don't have one! :smile:
Reply 75
Original post by Mr...
Why then?:confused:

Because we did a lot of stats last year , we haven't yet finished the whole gcse maths course, so we need like 2 months to finish
Reply 76
Speaking of Study Leave what is it actually like?
Original post by Mr...
Oh, Add Maths is a completely different lesson with a different teacher in our school like Stats :yep:

Welcome!:biggrin:
Your blog sounds good, how long have you been running it for?:redface:

What novels are you doing for English Lit?:ahee:

Hi, I've been running my blog for nearly two years - it has saved me from the cruel clutches of boredom on more occasions than I dare to remember. :P
As for English Literature, I'm studying An Inspector Calls, Animal Farm, Romeo and Juliet and Of Mice and Men (though my teacher has yet to teach it in class). Animal Farm was alright, but I saw An Inspector Calls as a dated version of Luther, which made reading it far more interesting! Haven't finished Romeo and Juliet yet, but it's my favourite of the four books in the course - just livid that I haven't seen the film in class yet...
Original post by CharmingCat
x

What's your blog called?
Reply 79
ADd me to the group (also what was the mention?)

I'm going into yr 11 after these holidays

I'm taking:
Double sci
Computer sci
Geog
French
Eng land and lit
Maths

After yr11 I would like to do A levels, chem,bio and geography.

I'm feeling confident about yr11 and am looking forward to additional science.

Latest