The Student Room Group

ECF Problems

I have high functional autism diagnosed in a very young age. There is a ECF thingy which i don't know whether i would be eligible for it.
I used to cause significant educational disruption at younger times, but it was much better now. I don't know if my academic process was being hindered for any extent cause my hometown doesn't provide any support for this. For my a level exams, i was qualified for using a computer and a prompter (a guy who tells me not to be out of focus in exams). many thanks.

link of ECF:
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/decisions/extenuating-circumstances-form

These are my grades btw, they are quite low. (course is chemical engineering)

Maths
C1 93/100
C2 99/100
C3 100/100
C4 97/100
S1 94/100
D1 90/100
percentages: 95.5%

Chemistry
unit 1: 80/90
unit 2: 122/150
practical: 47/60
percentages: 83%

Physics
unit 1: 75/90
unit 2: 131/150
practical: 47/60
percentages: 84.13%

and a D with Chinese lol......
Reply 1
Yes you would be eligible for the ECF.
Original post by jneill
Yes you would be eligible for the ECF.

Great, this was the answer I'm hoping for. :smile: Are there any differences on applying to uni between ECF applicants and non-ECF applicants (both sides) ?
Reply 3
Original post by lai812matthew
Great, this was the answer I'm hoping for. :smile: Are there any differences on applying to uni between ECF applicants and non-ECF applicants (both sides) ?

What do you mean by differences?

The ECF helps inform the university about your situation.
Reply 4
The ECF is the disabled access thingy, right? I applied through that in 08 with AS grades of BBCC, had one AWFUL interview, and still ended up getting pooled although not picked out.

If you're eligible, go for it.
Original post by jneill
What do you mean by differences?

The ECF helps inform the university about your situation.

Do I have equal, better or worse chances comparing to non-ECF applicants?
Original post by ianuam
The ECF is the disabled access thingy, right? I applied through that in 08 with AS grades of BBCC, had one AWFUL interview, and still ended up getting pooled although not picked out.

If you're eligible, go for it.

thank you :smile: so you are saying that universities will require lower grades for ECF applicants comparing to non-ECF applicants ?
Reply 7

Only an AT or DoS can answer that (it won't be worse). But the ECF gives them additional info to help them make that decision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ECF is there so that all applicants are assessed fairly regardless of their situation/background. So if you have a situation which was beyond your control that might've hindered your education or exam results, they may assess your academic records more kindly than people who doesn't.
But as with all other aspects of admission, they look at each applicant and their case individually.

More details here.

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/applying/decisions/extenuating-circumstances-form

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending