The Student Room Group

Not found anywhere for adjustment

I was so happy with my results they far far exceeded my expectations.

I got A*A*B in geography, psychology and economics.

While I am really elated I have failed to secure a place through adjustment as all the unis I have applied to have been taken and I don't know what to do now.

I am currently holding an offer from the university of Leicester.

I have tried clearing/adjustment for geography at Nottingham, Lancaster, Exeter and Leeds and have been unsuccessful to all unis because they have filled their places.

I don't know what to do because while I did love Leicester I can obviously go to a uni that is so much better.

These were the only unis that I considered going to through clearing/adjustment because a lot of top unis don't offer geography and/or I don't want to visit any other uni.

I have emailed Nottingham as I think it is my first choice out of the unis and I hope they reconsider as they are still in clearing for a few courses. Do you recon they could add me onto the course if other courses aren't filled because there will be accommodation space and what not?

I don't know what I should do because I cannot take a gap year so I either have to go to Leicester or a better uni and I would really like to get into a better uni.:frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Just keep calling all of the universities you would like to go to!

- Make sure you have registered for adjustment on UCAS.
- Adjustment is different to Clearing!
Reply 2
Original post by JasonEnn
Just keep calling all of the universities you would like to go to!

- Make sure you have registered for adjustment on UCAS.
- Adjustment is different to Clearing!

I have. I phoned the hotline and all the unis said that they had filled their places. I have emailed Nottingham's admissions to ask if they can do anything because getting through to their hotline was so much harder.
Original post by kingdoo

While I am really elated I have failed to secure a place through adjustment as all the unis I have applied to have been taken and I don't know what to do now.

I have tried clearing/adjustment for geography at Nottingham, Lancaster, Exeter and Leeds and have been unsuccessful to all unis because they have filled their places.

I don't know what to do because while I did love Leicester I can obviously go to a uni that is so much better.

These were the only unis that I considered going to through clearing/adjustment because a lot of top unis don't offer geography and/or I don't want to visit any other uni.

I have emailed Nottingham as I think it is my first choice out of the unis and I hope they reconsider as they are still in clearing for a few courses. Do you recon they could add me onto the course if other courses aren't filled because there will be accommodation space and what not?

I don't know what I should do because I cannot take a gap year so I either have to go to Leicester or a better uni and I would really like to get into a better uni.:frown:

Hi there

Firstly, it completely depends on what course you want to take?

Also if you don't want to go to Leicester then don't bother. Being somewhere you think isn't good enough means you are more likely to drop out, and will be a waste of both yours and the University's time
Original post by kingdoo

Hi Kingdoo,

Congratulations on getting such good results, you should be very proud! It's a shame you are still looking for a University. My best advice to you would be to keep searching the UCAS course search page. This will logically help you narrow down all the hundreds of courses you might consider. From there you can start looking at courses in more detail and researching the Universities to see if their lifestyle matches what you are looking for. Don't be afraid to get in contact with the Uni team and ask questions about the courses. You really want as much information at your disposal so you can make sure you've made the best choice.

Best of luck to you anyway
Jack
(Graduate Advocate)
Reply 5
Original post by ohsosofaay
Hi there

Firstly, it completely depends on what course you want to take?

Also if you don't want to go to Leicester then don't bother. Being somewhere you think isn't good enough means you are more likely to drop out, and will be a waste of both yours and the University's time

The problem is I retook the first year and therefore don't want to take a gap year out.

It's not that I don't want to go to Leicester as I really like the uni I just have the problem with the fact that I could have gotten into a better university.

I mean I guess it won't matter if I get a 2:1 or a First but I don't know. Going to see what Leeds and Lancaster say through emails and then see if there are any others I may consider going to.
Original post by kingdoo
The problem is I retook the first year and therefore don't want to take a gap year out.

It's not that I don't want to go to Leicester as I really like the uni I just have the problem with the fact that I could have gotten into a better university.

I mean I guess it won't matter if I get a 2:1 or a First but I don't know. Going to see what Leeds and Lancaster say through emails and then see if there are any others I may consider going to.

Sorry to but in but don't Lancaster etc show vacancies in clearing for geography (or am I being a bit stupid????) Just been on Lancaster's website and there is a BSc geography listed there but maybe I have the wrong course? Have you tried Sheffield?

Will go away now .......
Reply 7
Ah it worked out got into the university of Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending