The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Paidamoyo1
Im applying for Coventry uni well going for an interview in two weeks. Currently doing access to HE. 🙈😩..

I've firmed Coventry! Lol good luck

Original post by layla.k
Just wondering what are your chances of getting on this course if u study btec level 3 in applied science

Yes because I'm doing that course and got a conditional offer
Original post by Leils21
Is anyone still waiting to hear back from Nottingham?

yes. me.
Original post by daisydukehazard
yes. me.

Have you tried to contact them about it?
Original post by Leils21
Have you tried to contact them about it?

No I haven't although a few people have told me to! I guess it's going to be a No or we haven't a space for you so it's No.
Do you have any other offers? I am trying to not let it faze me as I am in the middle of exams....
does anyone know whether you have to choose accommodation for Nottingham, If you chose it as ur insurance choice? Or is it only if you put it as your firm, you are able to chose your accommodation?

Also what's the deal with student finance, if you are applying for an nhs bursary?:s
Sorry if these were stupid questions, tbh I'm quite embarrassed that I do not know the answers to them.

Thanks in advance for any replies:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NThapa
Aw I was the one in the camel coat! We walked out of the building together after our interviews :smile:
It's unlikely I'll get an unconditional as I'm still taking my A Levels haha. But yeah I think it should be soon!
Thank you, all the best to you too! Let me know when you've heard back :smile:

Hi! :smile: I'm really happy. I got an offer from Hertfordshire and I chose it as my firm choice. I recently had a skype interview with Plymouth and they offered me a place too!! it is my insurance choice. How about you? Which university is your firm choice?:p:D
No I haven't although a few people have told me to! I guess it's going to be a No or we haven't a space for you so it's No.
Do you have any other offers? I am trying to not let it faze me as I am in the middle of exams....

No, no other offers, but willing to look in extras too. I know that people on same interview day as me have been rejected so confused as to why I haven't yet. Suppose there's still hope there. Do you have any other offers?
Original post by Anonbabes

Congrats!!👏🏼👏🏼 I went for my interview yesterday so fingers crossed 🙈😩
Original post by Leils21
No, no other offers, but willing to look in extras too. I know that people on same interview day as me have been rejected so confused as to why I haven't yet. Suppose there's still hope there. Do you have any other offers?

Yes I have offers, but I cannot do anything on ucas track until all my replies are back. What date was your interview?
Do you think there will be spaces for this course on Extra? I don't really understand how the system works. Notts said they will offer you nutrition if they don't offer you dietetics, but ucas say if they haven't replied by may 5th its automatically taken as a no!
[QUOTE="Paidamoyo1;64442121"]
Original post by Anonbabes

Congrats!!👏🏼👏🏼 I went for my interview yesterday so fingers crossed 🙈😩

Me too:smile: what accommodation have you chosen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I have offers, but I cannot do anything on ucas track until all my replies are back. What date was your interview?
Do you think there will be spaces for this course on Extra? I don't really understand how the system works. Notts said they will offer you nutrition if they don't offer you dietetics, but ucas say if they haven't replied by may 5th its automatically taken as a no!

My interview was on 16th march. Yes, there's already a couple of universities in extras for dietetics. That's why I'm keen to know off Nottingham so I can start process. I suppose it's only a week left to hear either way.
[QUOTE="triphazards;64443169"]
Original post by Paidamoyo1

Me too:smile: what accommodation have you chosen?

I haven't chosen accommodation yet🙈.. Waiting for then to make me an offer .. Have you chosen and did they make you an offer?
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leils21
My interview was on 16th march. Yes, there's already a couple of universities in extras for dietetics. That's why I'm keen to know off Nottingham so I can start process. I suppose it's only a week left to hear either way.

same here. Which universities are on?
Reply 713
I had my interview at Surrey in Novemember and still have not had anything change on my UCAS track. Anyone else still waiting?
Original post by Haz0123
I had my interview at Surrey in Novemember and still have not had anything change on my UCAS track. Anyone else still waiting?

Really? I had mine in November and received an offer about a month ago. I know one person that withdrew because they also had their interview in November but still hadn't heard anything. I expect they are still deciding so I wouldn't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 715
That's great. I obviously messed up the MMIs! The first deadline is on Wednesday and with the bank holiday weekend I don't think they will be replying before then. I will probably email them to see how much longer they will take as I want to sort out all the uni stuff before exams but I don't want to sound rude.
Original post by Haz0123
That's great. I obviously messed up the MMIs! The first deadline is on Wednesday and with the bank holiday weekend I don't think they will be replying before then. I will probably email them to see how much longer they will take as I want to sort out all the uni stuff before exams but I don't want to sound rude.

I wouldn't worry. I thought I had messed up with the MMIs but I still got in! Honestly they are probably just having a hard time deciding as there were so many applicants this year
You won't sound rude! Just shows you want to be a part of their uni if anything. Would you be firming Surrey if you got in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 717
I am not sure ek! It is between Coventry and Surrey. I live very close to Surrey and wanted to go somewhere further away. Also I prefer the course at Coventry at it seems more hands on with cooking etc. However Surrey is very well known for its nutrition.
Reply 718
I'm so happy. I got an offer from my top choice....University of Surrey. It says conditional on getting AAB in biology and one other science but I already have that as I'm a third year student so I'm a bit unsure why they put it as conditional on getting them grades as it says my grades on UCAS, although they want me to upload my certificates on their applicant portal so maybe that's why. Just got to pass the health and police check. I've firmed Surrey! If anyone else has firmed Surrey, feel free to message me -it would be cool to get to know some of you before the course starts!

I'm so happy because I've had a really rough start to the year due to mental illnesses and had to drop out of my 3rd year at college leaving me without a complete A level in chemistry and although I was unsure whether I'd be stable enough to go to Uni in September, I think I will be and going to Uni will help so I'm thrilled to get into my dream uni!
Hey! Did anyone else put Plymouth as their firm choice? Notts was my insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest