The Student Room Group

Nutrition and Dietetics applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Guys this may seem like a silly question, but what would you wear to a uni interview? Like is a suit too formal, or is a blazer too casual? 😂 Just wanted a little insight as in Ireland we dont have interviews for university
Yay! Hopefully we will see each other there! What do you think it'll be like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mb0310
Guys this may seem like a silly question, but what would you wear to a uni interview? Like is a suit too formal, or is a blazer too casual? 😂 Just wanted a little insight as in Ireland we dont have interviews for university

I would go smart casual, not a suit but just smart attire that doesn't look majorly formal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mb0310

A suit is ok but, say, without a tie, and maybe a jacket that's a different colour to the trousers, if you know what I mean? Formal but comfortable is really the way to go, and try to represent and express yourself through your appearance (at least to a certain degree), it will help you perform better in your interview :smile:
Original post by mb0310
Hey! Sorry for the late reply been so busy with various applications and exams. :smile: I've applied to Leeds Met, Herts, Nottingham, Surrey and Glasgow. I got rejected from Leeds within a week although my predictions were higher than minimum requirements and I applied in early october? Maybe they really hated me? :frown:

But I just got called to an interview on the 12th in Herts! Anyone else?!

OMG!! Me too and got one last night for Surrey 25th Nov?
Original post by SophieLCx
OMG!! Me too and got one last night for Surrey 25th Nov?

I have an interview for the 25th!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KatieAlicexxx
I have an interview for the 25th!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Crazy, I guess I will see you at both, I have heard there are lot of mature students who apply for this course, at a taster day I went to there was thirty people, three of us were under 30. Do you think this will make it harder for sixth form aged students to apply?
Crazy, I guess I will see you at both, I have heard there are lot of mature students who apply for this course, at a taster day I went to there was thirty people, three of us were under 30. Do you think this will make it harder for sixth form aged students to apply?

I don't know if I'm honest- I guess it would as there will be less avalible places for sixth formers

Posted from TSR Mobile

When I went to the Surrey taster day back in September, they said about 25% of students on the course are mature students. That means around 75% are less than 21 so I don't think there should be a problem for sixth formers idk
Did anyone else get an interview for Plymouth today??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those of you that have a Surrey interview; the PDF file attached to the event invitation on the Surrey applicant portal states that they are using MMI, multiple mini interviews... do any of you know more about this? I thought it will be a one-to-one interview... Also, that PDF file seems to focus on midwifery/nursing/paramedic science, so I'm a bit confused :s-smilie:
I am just wondering what everyone's predicted grades are and how people did last year xx
Original post by jessicachurchy
I am just wondering what everyone's predicted grades are and how people did last year xx

Hi! I got AAAB at AS with the B in chemistry (1 UMS off an A, was so annoyed!) and my predicted is A*A*Aaa with the A*s in psychology and biology, the A in chemistry and the aa in EPQ and law AS
Hope that helps!
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jessicachurchy

I got AABBB last year in AS and I am predicted A*AA in French, Biology, and Chemistry respectively and I am resitting one exam in chemistry to try and get the AS to an A!

You?
Hi guys just thought I'd put a message out there to see if I can be of any help. I'm in first year at Surrey, 7 weeks in now. I applied last year so I know the process so if theres any questions you have about the course, surrey or the application process let me know if I can help. I interviewed at surrey, kings, chester and Coventry and got offers from all, I also applied for leeds becket but didn't attend my interview as I already had other offers :smile:
Original post by surrey1996
Hi guys just thought I'd put a message out there to see if I can be of any help. I'm in first year at Surrey, 7 weeks in now. I applied last year so I know the process so if theres any questions you have about the course, surrey or the application process let me know if I can help. I interviewed at surrey, kings, chester and Coventry and got offers from all, I also applied for leeds becket but didn't attend my interview as I already had other offers :smile:

Hi! Thanks so much for offering to help us! I have two questions that I want to ask:
What were the interviews like?
What made you choose Surrey?

Thanks x
Original post by Serotonin88
Those of you that have a Surrey interview; the PDF file attached to the event invitation on the Surrey applicant portal states that they are using MMI, multiple mini interviews... do any of you know more about this? I thought it will be a one-to-one interview... Also, that PDF file seems to focus on midwifery/nursing/paramedic science, so I'm a bit confused :s-smilie:

Do we have to know about their job roles? I just assumed the interview day was for all NHS courses at Surrey and that they were saying we were expected to know the role we were applying for? Also, there are individual interviews as well as MMIs as far as I am aware...

Thank you, are you finding you have to budget more than others because of the reduced living loans due to the NHS funding? or not?
Also, what grades did you get? If you don't mind me asking :smile:
Annnd what's the nightlife like at Surrey :wink:

Thanks for this!
What made you choose Surrey and not the others? What is the accommodation like? How did you find the interviews?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do we have to know about their job roles? I just assumed the interview day was for all NHS courses at Surrey and that they were saying we were expected to know the role we were applying for? Also, there are individual interviews as well as MMIs as far as I am aware...

Oh ok, thank you! I thought since the PDF talked about MMIs, there wouldn't be individual interviews. But if there are both, even better. I suppose it would be good to know a bit about paramedics/nursing/midwifery, in case the MMI scenarios focus on any of those roles.
Thanks again :smile:

Thank you for wanting to help!! :biggrin:
I was wondering if you could tell us a bit about the interviews/interview day, and whether you have any top tips for the interview.
Is there anything specific that we should know, aside from our personal statement, the role of a dietician and NHS values, etc?

Thank you, and hope you're liking it at Surrey!

Quick Reply

Latest