Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Pokémon Society

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
  • View Poll Results: So, are you getting any of the new Pokmon games?
    Yes, Diamond
    24.83%
    Yep, Pearl
    18.46%
    One, but I don't know which
    11.41%
    Both, ner ner neener ner
    9.06%
    None because I suck
    26.51%
    Give me a break, I'm still stuck on Mystery Dungeon
    9.73%

• 11 followers

Welcome to the TSR Pokémon Society.

This evening of the 4th of March 2007, the Pokémon Society became the first to be moved from Societies Chat to the Societies forum. However, so as not to ruin all the fun of the off-topic discussion, we have this thread in Soc Chat too, for all your spamming needs! Happy posting guys, please pop in to both threads. And do join us, however much you love Pokémon, or just for a chat

EDIT: Yeah, I'm the OP now. :p:

Well, to update this post I can say it was subsequently moved back because we're all too spammy. Just waiting for the second post to be switched to Jangrapostage now too.

Merging these first two posts...

Born at roughly 1am on 13/2/07 after over an hour's discussion in Shoutbox :p:

So here it is at last :tsr2:
    • Click here to join us! Type something nice in the join request and either Katie or I will approve you
    • And here is the member list
    • This link is to the post in which everyone with a Friend Code for their DS shares their Code. You are free to add these lovely folks to your Friend List and do battle with and trade Pokémon with each other. Have a looksee for how to get your name on the post!
    • Finally; upon joining please feel free to have the rolling Pokéball GIF link somewhere in your sig like you'll see many fellow members have. This is of course an option rather than an obligation The code is in the expand box. Of course, you could also go for the link that I use, the Chimchar with pokeball, which is slightly more flashy. PM me for the code for that.
    Code for Pokéball link
    [url="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=350928"][IMG]http://hk.geocities.com/poke872/pokeball.gif[/IMG][/url]

Updates

13/2/07, 10.20pm - pig accepted our Society request so we're a proper bona fide TSR society. Click here to join us!

20/2/07, 8.30pm - Meet your new co-leader, danglenister!

21/2/07, 3:55pm - Jangrafess is administrating a little game for some of us Pokéfans! Basically up to six of us are going to play through Pokémon Blue, Red, or Yellow (either on the GB or an emulator like VBA) using all the same Pokémon, in a race to complete the game. The first to beat the Elite and Gary and become Pokémon Master wins! Each participant would nominate one Pokémon for the team, and they are allowed to use any move list they want. Everyone should ideally supply regular screenshots so as to show and prove where they are in the game (and playing on an emulator would make this rather more easy!). We presently have three entries, including Juwel and myself. If you wish to join the team please PM Jangrafess signalling your intent. He's taking names until 8pm tonight.

22/2/07, 7:20pm - Pokémon Challenge!
    Well, we have four noble trainers set to take on the challenge: Jangrafess, Dalimyr, Eru Iluvatar and I. Since four doesn't go into six, Dali and I won (by random selection) the right to select two Pokémon for the team. Jangrafess picked Gyarados, Eru picked Porygon, Dali went with Machoke and Dragonair, and I added Jolteon and Venomoth. So there's our team, with which we have to beat the Elite Four. We are free to use any Pokémon we wish in the interim, as long as those six face the Elite Four.

3/3/07, 5:40pm - Yeah, so Juwel decided last night that every thousandth post in this thread gets my rep! So get chatting guys! (Not much chance of this... Juwel's promise, and he's left.)

4/3/07, 10:30pm - Well, Dalimyr has used her moderation powers to split this here thread. This shall remain the official Society thread, but has been moved to the Societies Forum. However, our presence remains in Soc Chat, with the Chat thread. The purpose? Here can take place all relevant Pokémon discussion, while the Chat thread is for your fun and spam and general chit-chat with your fellow PokéFans. Whether you prefer to do one or the other (or, as is the case with your truly, both!), there's a home for you. So, chat fans, we hope you're no longer put off from spamming and making delightfully off-topic contributions; and proper fans, we hope you're happy that your hardcore love for the Pokémon games isn't interrupted! Enjoy

22/4/07, 12.00am - Thanks again to Dalimyr :suith: now we have a poll. Please respond, we'd love to know what you're doing re the new generation of games

2/6/07, 12:20pm - OK, so this won't mean much to the import crew, but Pokémon Diamond and Pearl are scheduled for release in Europe on July the 27th. Can't wait.

19/7/07, 3:35pm - Couple of items of business; and my last as an active leader of the Society.

Well, we finally have the post in which everyone's Friend Codes goes, and I've added a link to it in this post. To get your Friend Code in the post, nag our dear Katie with a PM (or a rep message ).

Speaking of, Juwel promoted Katie, and Dan promoted me. (:yay:), so do welcome and be gentle with us: your two new leaders.

Oh, and since I am not really here much anymore, I shall be relinquishing my leadership role and joining the rest of you good folk in the rank and file of the Society. It's been an honour and great fun to do this, as I'm sure the new brood will find. I'll see you lot around here, or maybe even on Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection! Peace.

Most recent update:
    2/10/07, 5:10pm - Thought I'd say hello. Just because I can. Mwahaha.

Even more recent update:

18/10/07, 5.39pm - Because now I can, innit. Thanks to Dali for changing the OP from Juwel to myself.

Anyway, proper updates - I'm currently offering a giveaway. I'll train you one pokemon of your choice, with EVs, eggmoves, moveset and to at least level 50, all for NOTHING. In return, just try and post here once in a while.

Spoiler:
    Show
    So far I have:
    Jonah Ramone - Nidoking. Complete!
    theredsox - Arcanine In progress.
    Eru Iluvatar - Slowking
    Hylean - Alakazam
    Aksan - Weavile

Also, there's a vague plan in the pipeline for a PokeSoc meet up in Brighton, but my dear co-leader and I are still discussing that. Bit of a spoiler here really.

22/12/07:

This thread has been nominated for the top thread of 2007, making it at least the 6th best thread of the year. It's up to us to make it the BEST, and hopefully I can update on the 31st saying we've won.

23/12/07:

Katie and I made the Society its very own TSR Wiki page. Click here to visit.

30/12/07:

The Pokémon Soc came 5th. Not last, so it's good!

26/03/08

Juwel stepped down as leader and I kicked dangle off the roster as he's left TSR. (Sniffle.)

10/04/08

The Society's anti-spam initiative was highly successful! The soc is now back in Societies proper. A momentous achievement for us all. However, it is imperative that we keep the lack of spam up. It was this post what did it. (Also posted in Ask a Mod.)
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to be the very best, like no-one ever was
    To catch them is my real test, to train them is my cause

OMG we need a Pokemon smiley! Oh... there's Charmander already isn't there :rofl:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    We'll need to decide on a description and logo; proposals please! And let's have anyone interested post here so we know.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I reckon a pokéball with TSR branded on the front for the logo ;yes;
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we need TSR on it since none of the other socs have anything to do with TSR in their logos. Pokéball sounds good... though maybe a bit dull? *shrug*

I definitely don't think we should have Pikachu as the logo, since that is way too predictable and lame.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronove)
    I don't think we need TSR on it since none of the other socs have anything to do with TSR in their logos. Pokéball sounds good... though maybe a bit dull? *shrug*
    What do you want? A pokéfair or something? :p:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I reckon a pokeball avatar or logo is the ultimate cool. I'm so bored I'm making one for a laugh
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i had a shiny charizard.....actually! what a fantastic society, it will bring back so many fond memories!!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbv2005)
    i had a shiny charizard.....actually! what a fantastic society, it will bring back so many fond memories!!
    It already has for me :p:

Ah the nostalgia.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bah, I'll just polish this one up a bit. Anything need adding to it? Like some symbol synonymous with TSR maybe :p:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Born at roughly 1am on 13/2/07 after over an hour's discussion in Shoutbox :p:

So here it is at last :tsr2:
    :poke:

I haven't seen you since your evil avatar turned nice :p:

:proud:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Bah, I'll just polish this one up a bit. Anything need adding to it? Like some symbol synonymous with TSR maybe :p:
    :hmmm:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kirstinx)
    :poke:

I haven't seen you since your evil avatar turned nice :p:

:proud:
    You now know what I make of that

(Original post by Ronove)
    :hmmm:
    Heh, my bad, we'll leave as is
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Request sent :eek: :flute:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    tsr is about to learn the meaning of cool!lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Cool :cool:

Now what would be your ultimate team of 6?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I'm able to shake off my Pikachu love I'd include Jolteon and... crap I forgot which one I ws going to say :bawling:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danglenister)
    Now what would be your ultimate team of 6?
    Don't make me choose!

Let's see... (is it sad I can remember pretty much all of the original 150?)

Alakhazam
    Rhydon
    Blastoise
    Scyther
    Arcanine
    Dragonite

EDIT: Swapped Raichu for Dragonite
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    well i'd have mewtwo, chansey, charizard, dragonite, zapdos and maybe blastoise. oh dear, i remembered those far too easily...
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbv2005)
    well i'd have mewtwo, chansey, charizard, dragonite, zapdos and maybe blastoise. oh dear, i remembered those far too easily...
    How did I forget Dragonite? He'd be in my team too.
Updated: July 4, 2009
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.