The Student Room Group

Premier League fixtures 14-17th August

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Surely Advocaat won't last til Christmas? Mind you, Pulis is doing a good job competing for the sack race. WBA had no shots against Watford today.
Original post by Mackay
Surely Advocaat won't last til Christmas? Mind you, Pulis is doing a good job competing for the sack race. WBA had no shots against Watford today.

I'm pretty sure Pulis would have told his players just to sit back and park the bus, which they did.

No side with him in charge will ever get relegated. They'd be mad to sack him.
Reply 22
Norwich have still never lost away from home under Alex Neil. Phenomenal record.
Pulis' game plan worked well. Stop Watford from scoring and nick a goal. It's not Pulis' fault that Berahino can't put a unmarked header in from a few yards out.

There are some grumbles online about him being negative and boring but he was the darling of The Hawthorns last season. Fans, once again, are caught up in this myth that you have to play exciting football. We tried that years ago under Mowbray and finished bottom. Besides that, we've been quite boring since the early 2000s, regardless of who is in charge.
Original post by Mackay
Huge victory for Leicester today. Mahrez is becoming some player for them. He's incredibly effective.

Spurs will rue that draw as two points dropped, and Pochetinno is right when he says that it feels like a defeat. Stoke were much better in the second-half, and I'm glad I opted to stream that game.

Looking forward to seeing how Norwich played via MOTD later.

Riyadhs always been effective creatively, the amount of clear chances he created between October and March last season when we couldn't finish our dinner was absurd, adding goals is just a good new element. At just under 400k he's got to be the best value for money signing we've ever made.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
A very entertaining first week for the PL. We've had rows with doctors, controversy, red cards, contentious penalties, thumpings, managerial outbursts and a shock result at the Emirates/Etihad.

Let's hope it continues in this vein. Looking forward to Bournemouth's fans making themselves known on the road at Anfield tomorrow night.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Riyadhs always been effective creatively, the amount of clear chances he created between October and March last season when we couldn't finish our dinner was absurd, adding goals is just a good new element. At just under 400k he's got to be the best value for money signing we've ever made.

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be fair I remember you telling us to watch out for him this time last year
Credit to Jose, his plan to distract from the Swansea result by getting smashed by man city has worked perfectly looking at the morning news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Leicester City have 28 points from their last possible 33 in the PL. That is title-winning form.

Quick Reply

Latest