The Student Room Group

Leeds or Newcastle for History ?

Through clearing I've been offered places at Leeds and Newcastle to study single honours history (v100) and have a few days to decide which offer to accept.

If anyone has studied at either of these or has had more time to compare the two I would really appreciate any guidance.

From looking online the two seem very evenly matched, both the institutions themselves and their history courses. They rank very closely on university leaderboards and score similarly on student satisfactions polls and nearly all other statistics, and the course content is also alike, with neither seeming to offer anything the other doesn't.

I feel like I'm at the point where I'll decide through a coin toss, again they both seem to be very evenly matched but if anyone has any advice to guide me to one or the other I'd be glad to hear it.
Original post by montezuma36
Through clearing I've been offered places at Leeds and Newcastle to study single honours history (v100) and have a few days to decide which offer to accept.

If anyone has studied at either of these or has had more time to compare the two I would really appreciate any guidance.

From looking online the two seem very evenly matched, both the institutions themselves and their history courses. They rank very closely on university leaderboards and score similarly on student satisfactions polls and nearly all other statistics, and the course content is also alike, with neither seeming to offer anything the other doesn't.

I feel like I'm at the point where I'll decide through a coin toss, again they both seem to be very evenly matched but if anyone has any advice to guide me to one or the other I'd be glad to hear it.

Things to consider then:
-Leeds is a campus uni, Newcastle isn't
-And would either of them offer you accomodation? That could save you a big weight.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending