The Student Room Group

Article: What to expect from the second year of A level

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i got ABCC at AS. i'm now in A2 i got the C in biology, i'm aiming for a B overall in Biology. it was a high C so is it possible to get a B without any resits in bio? i've already started working hard

Thanks
Original post by callmehannah
I took ten exams this summer (four AS resits) and brought my grades up from CCE to ABB - certainly worth a go! A lot of work though but if you're set on doing medicine it's definitely do-able as long as you work hard!

Good luck!

Hey how did you manage to do this?

I'm starting to revise now for 9 exams and I need some help, how did you go about revising and what was your method?
Original post by callmehannah
I took ten exams this summer (four AS resits) and brought my grades up from CCE to ABB - certainly worth a go! A lot of work though but if you're set on doing medicine it's definitely do-able as long as you work hard!

Good luck!

Please can you tell me how you did this. I'm currently at BBD but I want to raise it to ABB/BBB (A/B for psych, B for sociology with a B or a C in bio) but biology is holding me back. t

Thank you
Original post by leobrave
Considering taking 14 exams in A2 as I'm resitting some AS subjects too for medicine. Is this smart because I think if i put in the effort i can achieve the grades i want.

I took 12 this year (2 retakes) and found it okay; it's only an issue if you leave revision until the last minute. If you work hard from the start, you'll smash it 💪🏻
This whole thread needs rewriting as many of the comments are completely wrong with the new linear A levels.
My advice is to say that it will be harder and depending on how well or poorly you did at AS, your stress levels are going to vary...
Original post by scrawlx101
any revision tips aside from the above started writing out flash cards for all my subjects

Start early! Honestly, make messy notes in class and rewrite them neatly at home because you can put it into your own words. I'd recommend also keeping a scrap bit of paper nearby to write down and questions you come across when revising. Revision guides and posters are also really good, especially if you make them sorta regularly - at the end of every topic, every half term kinda thing.
Reply 47
Original post by scrawlx101
any revision tips aside from the above started writing out flash cards for all my subjects

Check out Thomas Frank on YouTube for some great tips!
I got BBCU at AS level. Then obviously dropped the U. I am hoping for ABB this year, do you think thats achieveable?
Reply 49
Expect it to be a horrific, hellish, and satanic year.
Hello,
I'm taking CIE biology and maths, and I was wondering, is it possible to go from a CC at AS to an AA or better at a level?
Hia Dylann,

How often would you recommend, for someone doing the new A-Levels, to revise ? 3-4 days a week on all subjects sound right enough to you?

Thanks,

- Ibrahim Kuyumcu

Quick Reply

Latest