The Student Room Group

Can i bring a C at AS-Level up to a B/A at A-level without retakes?

At AS-level ocr bio i got a C (i got 202 ums, 210 is a B)
unit 1-C
unit 2-C
Coursework-B

If i get this in A2 do you think it'll boost my grade up?
Unit 4-A/A*
Unit 5-A
coursework-B

I don't want to do resits because otherwise i'll have too many exams and most probably fail.

I need to get A or B overall, is this possible?
Reply 1
It is possible but you have a much better chance if you retake. When you retake you also have another year's further knowledge which can really help in the exam. I'd recommend retaking just to be safe, they can't go down if you do worse!
Reply 2
Original post by Klatie
It is possible but you have a much better chance if you retake. When you retake you also have another year's further knowledge which can really help in the exam. I'd recommend retaking just to be safe, they can't go down if you do worse!

The thing is i already have a lot on my plate, i know if i do a bunch of retakes i'm bound to flop and loose motivation. I get stressed out really easily :/
Reply 3
Original post by Kat187
The thing is i already have a lot on my plate, i know if i do a bunch of retakes i'm bound to flop and loose motivation. I get stressed out really easily :/

I know what you mean. I had 13 exams in Summer, 6 of which were AS plus I was dealing with a lot of ****. But the AS exams are a couple of weeks before the A2 ones which is nice. Even if you just resat one you'd have a better chance. If I was you i would speak to your biology teacher to see what they recommend

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending