The Student Room Group

AQA Biology A2 Unit 4: Populations and Environment - 16th June 2016

Hi everyone! :biggrin:

This thread is for discussing:
AQA Biology A2 Unit 4: Populations and Environment - 16th June 2016.

BIOL 4 TOPICS:

Section 1 - Populations

Spoiler

Section 2 - Energy Supply

Spoiler

Section 3 - Energy Flow and Nutrient Cycles

Spoiler

Section 4 - Succession and Conservation

Spoiler

Section 5 - Inheritance, Selection and Speciation

Spoiler

BIOL 4 PAST QUESTION PAPERS:

Spoiler

BIOL 4 PAST MARK SCHEMES:

Spoiler

RELATED THREADS:
AQA Biology A2 Unit 6X: A2 Externally Marked Practical Assignment (EMPA) 2016
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3510295
AQA Biology A2 Unit 5: Control in Cells and In Organisms - 23rd June 2016
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3510005
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I hope everyone got what they wanted at Results Day! :smile:

So, reply to this thread if you're doing A2 Biology!
Also, do you feel like you're ready for A2 Biology.. are you doing anything to prepare for Unit 4? Homework?
Reply 2
It's nearly time to go back to college :P
Original post by Azurite
It's nearly time to go back to college :P

Is this thread dead because I kinda need help with biology and want a active thread :smile:
Original post by edward090
Is this thread dead because I kinda need help with biology and want a active thread :smile:

It will become busier as we get closer to exam season - don't worry :smile:
Original post by She-Ra
It will become busier as we get closer to exam season - don't worry :smile:

do you do Biology A2 AQA?
Reply 6
reporting in
So I have currently moved onto to unit 5, and we are covering the top of eyes. I really need help with this exam question:

'suggest an explanation for the difference in sensitivity of rod cells to the white and green spots after 30 minutes'

I'm so confused and the answer: 'white has (high proportion of) wavelengths to which rhodopsin not sensitive' makes no sense whatsoever. Any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance!!!
Reply 8
Original post by turtle294
So I have currently moved onto to unit 5, and we are covering the top of eyes. I really need help with this exam question:

'suggest an explanation for the difference in sensitivity of rod cells to the white and green spots after 30 minutes'

I'm so confused and the answer: 'white has (high proportion of) wavelengths to which rhodopsin not sensitive' makes no sense whatsoever. Any help would be much appreciated thank you in advance!!!

Rhodopsin is found in rod cells, it breaks apart in the presence of wavelengths of light, this creates an action potential. I imagine as white is every visual wavelength combined the eye doesn't need most of it as it only detects RGB (i think). It detects Green as it's part of the spectrum the cone and rod cells detect i guess
Original post by thatgr
Rhodopsin is found in rod cells, it breaks apart in the presence of wavelengths of light, this creates an action potential. I imagine as white is every visual wavelength combined the eye doesn't need most of it as it only detects RGB (i think). It detects Green as it's part of the spectrum the cone and rod cells detect i guess

unit 5 just looks soooo hard :/ we are doing a practice empa for reasons I do not know fml....
damn people already moved on to unit 5 :O we only started respiration at our college lol this is freaking me out
Is there a thread for edexcel unit 4 A2 biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PlayerBB
Is there a thread for edexcel unit 4 A2 biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I believe this thread is for both unit 4 and unit 5.
Original post by koolgurl14
damn people already moved on to unit 5 :O we only started respiration at our college lol this is freaking me out

we just finished respiration and now we are doing a practice empa so god knows how long that will take. dreading unit 5 :/
we just finished respiration and now we are doing a practice empa so god knows how long that will take. dreading unit 5 :/

Unit 5 is easier for me, I like just learning facts etc.
Original post by thatgr

Thank you so much!
What grades are people aiming for at the end of A2???
What grades are people aiming for at the end of A2???

Probably a B, I ****ed up AS hard and I need 270UMS for an A/A* but I'm not that bothered as I only need AAB for the courses I want to do at uni
Reply 19
I'm doing A2 (: Having trouble with unit 5 though, I find it so boring and hard - I much prefer unit 4's content.

Quick Reply

Latest