The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

First day of uni nerves?

Anyone else think they'll be freaking out the first day of uni. Got any tips to overcome this?
Haha, yeah I definitely do. I guess it's a normal thing to be nervous about and everyone goes through it as it's embarking on a whole new journey that the majority of us aren't used to. I feel better when I think that I'm not the only one who's feeling like this, and I guess just talking about it really helps. Don't be nervous, you're gonna really enjoy it once you get settled in I'm sure.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by hihgcp123
Anyone else think they'll be freaking out the first day of uni. Got any tips to overcome this?

i didnt know anyone on my first day so it was a bit daunting, but its not as bad as you think! find some of your course mates on here or facebook, and if they live in the same accommodation or near you, arrange to meet them before your first lecture, so you can walk down together :smile: everything is easier if you have other people to go through it with! youll find everyone is really talkative as everyone wants to make friends :smile: you will have to answer the questions, what course are you on, what accommodation are you in and where are you from about 100 times in your first week though! log into studynet and under your timetable there is a map of both campuses with room numbers to figure out where you are going, and just double check the timing of things, because my joining letter had a different start time than what my induction lecture was! but youll be fine. :smile: good luck! :h:
Talk to some people who are attending your University over Facebook etc and attend freshers week together. I'm so glad I went freshers as I met a whole bunch of people who were in my position and we ended becoming really good friends during our first year of University.
Reply 4
I am bricking it. Im 21yo so im scared of being the older one and im terrified that ill get lost! I most likely will but its painfully scary stuff!!
Reply 5
Original post by SecretlyTaco
You probably will get lost, but so will everyone else. Here is a map of the college lane campus, so you can save that to your phone or something, and I am going to look around for the rooms my first classes are in on the sunday before.

Ah hun thanks for the link. All saved on my phone! But got lost just looking at the map. :smile: That's a good idea tbh I might do that during freshers week and get a good look around. When do we get our actual timetable??
Has anyone else got an induction timetable for the first week? I'm quite upset because the fresher's timetable overlaps with my induction timetable. I wanted to go play laser tag and do roller disco but I can't because of my timetable. Maybe it's just the business school but it's unfair :frown:
Anyone going freshers week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Angeica.S
Anyone going freshers week?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes; I'm in my room. Need to go and collect my wristband.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending