The Student Room Group

Any Audiology students here?

Im thinking of doing Audiology, but I really want to know what sort of 'content' there is. Can current students send me like a power point of a lecture or anything that would give me some sort of indication about what sort of things I'll learn- the uni websites are a bit vague.

Tanx in advance
xx
Original post by katy456
Im thinking of doing Audiology, but I really want to know what sort of 'content' there is. Can current students send me like a power point of a lecture or anything that would give me some sort of indication about what sort of things I'll learn- the uni websites are a bit vague.

Tanx in advance
xx

I don't know if this will help, But Manchester university last year had an Discover day for people interested in studying audiology for Year 12's and Year 13's if they have places.

Its basically spending the whole day explaining what audiology is and what is involved, you have a practice lecturer and notes on some of the topic and can ask a lot of questions, you also get to try giving a hearing test and use some of the equipment.

I went to it last year its really good, you need to register for it here's the link, they are yet to update the page with the days for different subjects including audiology;

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/aspiring-students/discover-days/

Hope that helped, even if your not planning on going to Manchester uni its still really good to attend :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest