The Student Room Group

What do i do?

I got my results and they weren't what i wanted, but not dreadful, and i didn't get in to my firm choice Exeter to study physics, i got in to my insurance but i didn't want to go there, so i went through clearing, i then started panicking and calling up university's, i managed to get a place at Leicester, and i only had until 9 o'clock this morning to confirm it so i did, but now Southampton want to see confirmation of my grades and i think they're going to give me an offer, i'm not sure which is better place to go and even so i'm not not sure if i can change my clearance, so any advice or knowledge on the matter would be much appreciated
Original post by jezbit1
I got my results and they weren't what i wanted, but not dreadful, and i didn't get in to my firm choice Exeter to study physics, i got in to my insurance but i didn't want to go there, so i went through clearing, i then started panicking and calling up university's, i managed to get a place at Leicester, and i only had until 9 o'clock this morning to confirm it so i did, but now Southampton want to see confirmation of my grades and i think they're going to give me an offer, i'm not sure which is better place to go and even so i'm not not sure if i can change my clearance, so any advice or knowledge on the matter would be much appreciated

Sorry you ve not had a reply yet, you can be released from your clearing choice but it could take up to 48 hours to do so, so think carefully about what you want to do
Original post by jezbit1

You can change, you just need to inform Leicester - but please don't do this until you have had an offer from Southampton and you're sure you want to go there.

Clearing is open until the end of September - so you have time and you can get verbal confirmation that Southampton will accept you - you can then get Leicester to release you back into clearing by phoning them and then you apply to Southampton via UCAS - who will then accept your offer.

Please be aware that it can take a while to process all this! Universities have a pile of admissions and releases and it can take upto 3 working days each step of the process. (Depends how efficient their clearing admissions team is and the volume of clearing students!)

Hope this helps!
- Kath :smile:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending