The Student Room Group

AQA A levels incorrect results

Scroll to see replies

Reply 760
I got my papers back the other day for LitA1B(copies), and I was so relieved to find that two teachers at school (one of whom is a notoriously harsh marker) both felt that my barely B-grade essays were deserving of A grades. I'm not going to try a remark, as it will hopefully turn out better next year where I can bring my average up - my case seems so mild compared to others, but it is still grossly unfair to think that AQA are just depressing marks as they seem to be!
Reply 761
Original post by schubert4life
I received the remark result of my A2 LitA exam which was unchanged. Both me and my teachers are seriously confused by this and we have submitted an appeal against this decision. We are also waiting back for the paper too to see what has gone on. Of course I'm not going to get my hopes up yet since AQA seem to be trying to remain rigid on their original marks issued.

If you still feel dissatisfied with your remark result I would strongly advise you to consider going for an appeal, or at least having your teacher go through your paper first, if this is at all possible. It is so wrong for the board to not only be issuing such strange grades in the first place, but to also fail to realise how much something like this can knock a student's confidence. If you are happy to resit then do, but it is becoming increasingly apparent that you probably didn't do yourself wrong in the exam, AQA did.

If you scroll up and look at other peoples' posts, many AQA papers have been remarked up. (One of mine increased by 4 UMS)
Original post by h3110
If you scroll up and look at other peoples' posts, many AQA papers have been remarked up. (One of mine increased by 4 UMS)

I understand and have read all of the other posts. Nevertheless, unless you genuinely felt that the increase to UMS actually did yourself justice on how you felt you had performed, all I am saying is to not be so trusting of AQA. I am also referring specifically to English Literature too which would seem to rule out a fair amount of the increased remark stories.

Suspicions would seem to arise that for one student their paper increased by over 20 raw marks (which I believe was most likely what they originally deserved in the first place). You just don't make these kind of 'mistakes'. Even if they did, the rest of our marks would have likely seen such an increase hence wanting to raise this issue to those that didn't see much increase if at all in their remark.
Just some news, I had my psychology As remark back today and it went up 6 ums to a B 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by meganwd97
Just some news, I had my psychology As remark back today and it went up 6 ums to a B 🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
AQA French A2 remarked and gone up 11 UMS to an A!!!
Original post by Yllasjarvi

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Yllasjarvi

Wow! Congratulations! That's given me hope, mine needs to go up by 13ums :/
Did you remark your speaking and written paper??
[QUOTE="ekk123;59278673"]Wow! Congratulations! That's given me hope, mine needs to go up by 13ums :/
Did you remark your speaking and written paper??[/QUOTE

Not the oral, just unit 1
which was a resit and unit 3
GUYS has anyone got any PSYA1 OR PSYA2 remarks back ????

I got a D - 6 UMS off a C and i think im gonna remark but WHICH ONE or even both maybe?!

I got B's in lit and geog so im not like dumb and i genuinley thought Psychology went the best so idek what has happened bc i came out thinking 'no loweer than a c'
maybe i shouldnt have got my hopes up

I know someone whos psya1 has gone up +16 UMS!

WHAT HAVE AQA DONE

BASICALY tell meif youve had a remark and bhow its gone because i dont wanna base it on one persons potential luck
Uh is it too late to remark?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adil_247

Posted from TSR Mobile

The deadline is Wednesday I think
All my exams are AQA (creative writing, lit b, language b) and I was 2 raw marks off the next grade (in the exam) for all of them. I know remarking won't change my overall grades but I need the extra ums for A2. My only worry is, how long does it take for the remark to come through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Says 20th on aqa website Sunday?
Why did my maths go down by 4 ums???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by supernerdural
All my exams are AQA (creative writing, lit b, language b) and I was 2 raw marks off the next grade (in the exam) for all of them. I know remarking won't change my overall grades but I need the extra ums for A2. My only worry is, how long does it take for the remark to come through?

I sent two remakrs off on Friday last week and got them back this week on Wednesday so they're really quick:smile: x
Original post by meganwd97
I sent two remakrs off on Friday last week and got them back this week on Wednesday so they're really quick:smile: x

Thank god, I really want to send off my uni applications just after the Oxbridge deadline and I was worried I wouldn't get the remarks back in time!
Original post by TraceyE
Says 20th on aqa website Sunday?

So do I ask my college to remark my papers or just aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile
And do I do the review marking or clerical check??
Pls help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 779
And do I do the review marking or clerical check??
Pls help

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think a clerical check just adds up the marks again and makes sure the original examiner didn't add up the marks incorrectly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending