The Student Room Group

Going elsewhere for A2?

Got my AS results yesterday and ended up with:
German A
Maths B
Biology D (one point from a C)
Computing D
My school wont let me stay on with these results. Biology was a real shock I'm going to get it remarked

Does anyone have experience switching half way through A Levels? Do I just need to email sixth forms/colleges and see what they say? Does switching boards matter?
Hello! This is definitely an option and I know quite a few people that did this. The most important thing is to make sure that it is ok to switch boards if this is needed. You may find that the new college offers the same board as you but this may not be the case.

You need to make sure that your AS levels have been "cashed in" i.e you can get a separate certificate for them and they are not just going to be included on your A2 certificate. Check this out as I am not sure of the specifics but I think if you have the separate certificate this will make it much more straightforward if you need to switch boards.
Original post by danjonrin
Got my AS results yesterday and ended up with:
German A
Maths B
Biology D (one point from a C)
Computing D
My school wont let me stay on with these results. Biology was a real shock I'm going to get it remarked

Does anyone have experience switching half way through A Levels? Do I just need to email sixth forms/colleges and see what they say? Does switching boards matter?

Please see my post above!
Reply 3
Original post by littlebluedinosaur
Please see my post above!

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest