Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

PGDip Physician Associate Studies Jan 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by scotcheggy
Huge congratulations! Will see you in January! Exciting times :biggrin:

Thankyou! Exciting times indeed.will you be staying in Sheffield? If so, have you thought about accomodation?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Woomot
Thankyou! Exciting times indeed.will you be staying in Sheffield? If so, have you thought about accomodation?

Yes, I will - I've only ever visited Sheffield once before (for my interview!) so really don't know much about it. I know I definitely don't want to stay in student accommodation, but I haven't done much research yet. What about yourself, have you given it much thought?
Reply 22
Original post by scotcheggy
Yes, I will - I've only ever visited Sheffield once before (for my interview!) so really don't know much about it. I know I definitely don't want to stay in student accommodation, but I haven't done much research yet. What about yourself, have you given it much thought?

Same for me, first time in sheffield last week. Def could not bear halls. There are self contained flats in a hotel type setting called study inn looks ideal but very expensive only doable really if you shared a room which i dont fancy. There are home stays, where you live with a host family very reasonably priced and then theres house sharing option but v hard to do when you dont know anyone in your first year. Theres also private rent bedsits but not knowing the area could end up being a risky choice.
Reply 23
Hi there

I have also been accepted on the course. I am going to be looking for accommodation soon. If anyone needs a room mate. Let me know. Or if you know any decent flats let me know

Reply 24
Ive been looking on the accomodation website. Seems the cheapest.way to do it is house share but hard to do when you don't know anyone!!

What interview group were you with?
Reply 25
I did my interview back in may june. I think i was one of the first. How many people do you think have been accepted upto now.
Reply 26
Original post by Mobz1991
I did my interview back in may june. I think i was one of the first. How many people do you think have been accepted upto now.

I was one of the first too I think, nice to meet another SHU PA!

I wonder when we'll start to hear more about the course; I can see the course content of some of the other PA courses around the country, but I'm excited to see what our course looks like.
Reply 27
Wow. Yeah exactly i have not heard anything from them, ever since the offer back in may/june. Have you thought about accomadation at all?
Reply 28
Original post by Mobz1991
Wow. Yeah exactly i have not heard anything from them, ever since the offer back in may/june. Have you thought about accomadation at all?

I've thought about it but not sure what I'm going to do. I think I'm going to try and find a flatshare; it's a really intense course and having stayed in mixed accommodation where my fellow flatmates didn't really understand the demands of placement during my nursing degree, I'd really rather stay with other PA's!

Do you guys know of any others on the course?
Reply 29
Http://www.shustudenthousing.co.uk/advert/5798117

Something like this would be ideal price depending
well done all.just accepted my offer at shu.PA
but no info on bursary etc,did people get any further info? about occupational health, dbs,bursary enrolment etc
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 31
I found official documentation on a hee for yorkshire and humber dated june 2014 which states the pa course at shu and leeds will both have fees paid and 10k bursary but havent yet heard from shu. Thinking about emailing helen.
Original post by Woomot
I found official documentation on a hee for yorkshire and humber dated june 2014 which states the pa course at shu and leeds will both have fees paid and 10k bursary but havent yet heard from shu. Thinking about emailing helen.

yes ,i found that info too, plus when we went for interview i think they mentioned that they were offered funding for 20 places but was increased to 30
nothing else.it just says on my offer that fees is 9000
Reply 33
I emailed asking a few things, we will have a pre-course day in november which will be our chance to hear more about the course and meet each other!! So see you all in november!
Reply 34
ok great.did u get date for this? any moreinfo on bursary?
Reply 35
No unfortunately no specific date, just the month november. Nothing on bursary but im just assuming that it is in place and that it will be sorted for us starting in january!

I was thinking if setting up a facebook orwhatsapp group for the jan16 cohort to make it easier to chat. What does everyone think?
Original post by ramzii
ok great.did u get date for this? any moreinfo on bursary?
Reply 36
Original post by Woomot
No unfortunately no specific date, just the month november. Nothing on bursary but im just assuming that it is in place and that it will be sorted for us starting in january!

I was thinking if setting up a facebook orwhatsapp group for the jan16 cohort to make it easier to chat. What does everyone think?

Yes, definitely up for that, would be great to have a place for everyone to chat and be able to put some names to faces.
Reply 37
If u search on facebook SHU Physician Associate Jan 2016 you shouldbe able to find it
Reply 38
Original post by Woomot
If u search on facebook SHU Physician Associate Jan 2016 you shouldbe able to find it

I'm struggling to find it Woomot, is it definitely open to the public etc?
Reply 39
It was a closed group - ive made it public now :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending