The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

PGDip Physician Associate Studies Jan 2016

Hi guys :smile:

Has anyone accepted a place on this course starting in January 2016?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm attending a selection event tomorrow!! So no offers yet :/
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I just attended a selection event and waiting to hear back.
Reply 3
Cool, good luck guys! What's your undergrad degree and background, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 4
I've a BSc Biomedical Sciences and graduated in 2014. I currently work as a support worker. Has anyone received on offer for this course?
Reply 5
Yes I have an offer, my selection event was a couple of months ago. I'm a nurse :smile: Have you guys applied anywhere else?
Reply 6
Congratulations for the offer. I've applied for Plymouth University, but no idea how I'll fund it.
Have you heard much about how the funding at SHU is going to work?
Reply 7
How long after your selection event did you get your offer?
I havent applied anywhere else as above, i couldnt fund it myself and live. I asked and was toldHEE will fund 25 places and bursary available but they dont know for how many.
How did you find the selection event?
Reply 8
I got into Plymouth, but turned it down (a little begrudgingly) for the same reason; I'm afraid the promise of a bursary at SHU was just too inviting. It's a course I really want to do but it was going to be near on impossible to fund, even with Trust sponsorship at Plymouth, so I accepted Sheffield.

Not exactly sure how it's going to work, but I believe the tuition fees are paid and there is bursary too.
Reply 9
Original post by Woomot
How long after your selection event did you get your offer?
I havent applied anywhere else as above, i couldnt fund it myself and live. I asked and was toldHEE will fund 25 places and bursary available but they dont know for how many.
How did you find the selection event?

I got my offer a week after the selection event. They told us they might not let us know until all the interviews were complete, which I think is sometime this month? It was quite an easy going day, a group task followed by an individual interview. Everyone was lovely.
Reply 10
I havent come away feeling great about my interview, was hard to gauge how ive done. Fingers crossed they dont leave us hanging too long!
Well done on getting 2 offers, and best wishes to you for january :smile:
Were you in the morning or afternoon group yesterday? I wasn't very happy with my interview either. Also the interview wasn't as it was described on the website. It all seemed quite rushed. Good luck and hopefully they'll let everyone know soon.
Reply 12
Original post by Wicky1752
Were you in the morning or afternoon group yesterday? I wasn't very happy with my interview either. Also the interview wasn't as it was described on the website. It all seemed quite rushed. Good luck and hopefully they'll let everyone know soon.

I was afternoon. Same re:website description, i had prepped myself for something completely different and was thrown by what actually happened. I felt i wasnt able to give an accurate portrayal of myself.
Oh well, it's over now! The wait begins.....
Original post by Woomot
I was afternoon. Same re:website description, i had prepped myself for something completely different and was thrown by what actually happened. I felt i wasnt able to give an accurate portrayal of myself.
Oh well, it's over now! The wait begins.....

I was the morning. Do you mind me asking how many people attended the afternoon interview?I think quite a few people were surprised by the interview. I'm relieved it's over. It looks like loads of universities are starting to do the course so I'm not too concerned.
Reply 14
I think there were 12ish. Quite a big group.
I attended my interview in Plymouth Peninsula Med School yesterday afternoon and just received my offer this morning :smile:! Who else is going to PSMD 2016?
Reply 16
I got offered a place on the january imtake!
Original post by Woomot
I got offered a place on the january imtake!

Congratulations! Did you receive the offer today? Best of luck for January!
Reply 18
It came in the post,i was away for the weekend and only back this afternoon. Thanks - very excited!!
Reply 19
Original post by Woomot
It came in the post,i was away for the weekend and only back this afternoon. Thanks - very excited!!

Huge congratulations! Will see you in January! Exciting times :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending