The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Accommodation

I got an email from brookes saying you would find out your accommodation on the 13 August but I haven't. I emailed them and said I should revive it shortly.
Is everyone having this problem or is it me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
It might just be you, I got mine yesterday saying I'd been accepted for my place in The Mews. However they seem to be pretty slow overall because I still haven't heard back from them after accepting my place with them. tbf in my experience with them they're not very good when it comes to keeping in contact with students.
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Original post by osayers42
It might just be you, I got mine yesterday saying I'd been accepted for my place in The Mews. However they seem to be pretty slow overall because I still haven't heard back from them after accepting my place with them. tbf in my experience with them they're not very good when it comes to keeping in contact with students.

I've never heard of The Mews until now so I assume it's new. I just checked the website and holy balls Β£169 a week? That is insane.
Reply 3
Original post by RoundTrip
I've never heard of The Mews until now so I assume it's new. I just checked the website and holy balls Β£169 a week? That is insane.

Yeah it's crazy. My loan wont even cover all of it, I'll need to earn an extra 2k or so to pay for it. Unfortunately you don't get much choice with these things.
Reply 4
Yeah it's crazy. My loan wont even cover all of it, I'll need to earn an extra 2k or so to pay for it. Unfortunately you don't get much choice with these things.

Is that a 38 week contact as that a lot of money.
Thanks for getting back, I will chase it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by gogirls
Is that a 38 week contact as that a lot of money.
Thanks for getting back, I will chase it

Posted from TSR Mobile

46 weeks. I was hoping for the 50 week contract which is actually cheeper (around 6k) so that I could try and earn some money whilst its the holiday season.
Reply 6
46 weeks. I was hoping for the 50 week contract which is actually cheeper (around 6k) so that I could try and earn some money whilst its the holiday season.

That is actually a great idea.
What are you going to be studying in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Just phoned brookes and said they had no record of my application for halls even thought I got a confirmation letter at the end of April. They said I will get one of my 5 choice this but problem end up with the ones I don't really like.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by gogirls
That is actually a great idea.
What are you going to be studying in September.

Posted from TSR Mobile

International Foundation Arts, Humanities and Law. It means I'll be able to go on to do Politics and History. You?
Reply 9
Original post by gogirls
Just phoned brookes and said they had no record of my application for halls even thought I got a confirmation letter at the end of April. They said I will get one of my 5 choice this but problem end up with the ones I don't really like.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sucks :/ , maybe you'll get lucky though.
Reply 10
International Foundation Arts, Humanities and Law. It means I'll be able to go on to do Politics and History. You?

Early childhood studies. Good luck with your course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
That sucks :/ , maybe you'll get lucky though.

Sorry about my rant. All sorted just got an email saying I got my first choice for accommodation, Westminster halls.
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gogirls
Sorry about my rant. All sorted just got an email saying I got my first choice for accommodation, Westminster halls.
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Posted from TSR Mobile

nice one! :biggrin:

Quick Reply