The Student Room Group

Geography applicants - 2016 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I got 4A's at AS and now predicted 2A*s and an A. Applying for straight geography at durham, lse, ucl, kings and bristol/st andrews. Annoyingly we are doing WJEC board for geo which is sparse in resources... Any tips?
Got my first offer today, from Leeds! I also applied to Cambridge, Manchester, Kings and Exeter. However, I applied with deferred entry so this could affect things, best of luck to everyone!
Reply 22
what are people putting on their personal statements?
I applied last year and once again this year (after beating my predicted grades) for human geography at LSE / UCL / KCL / Edinburgh / Nottingham, if anyone wants any pointers or advice then just say :smile:
Hi guys ! If you are applying for Geography and International Relations is it necessary to study Geography at A Level standard? Im form Ireland and we study 7-9 subjects so i have studied Bio, Chem, Physics , english , spanish , maths and irish ! I was originally applying for Chemical Engineering and have my personal statement and universities picked but i've found this course and I am inspired!!
Reply 25
Original post by Aideenfay
Hi guys ! If you are applying for Geography and International Relations is it necessary to study Geography at A Level standard? Im form Ireland and we study 7-9 subjects so i have studied Bio, Chem, Physics , english , spanish , maths and irish ! I was originally applying for Chemical Engineering and have my personal statement and universities picked but i've found this course and I am inspired!!

Most unis state that they require any combination of subjects, including geography. So i think it is necessary to study it an AS level.
Anyone heard from Birmingham or Nottingham?
I am almost finished with my UCAS Application form and was double checking my choices, etc... then I noticed that KCL wants a B in English lang, but I got a C :frown: so I was wondering if i would get rejected as a result of this.
Reply 28
Original post by yuveethini
I am almost finished with my UCAS Application form and was double checking my choices, etc... then I noticed that KCL wants a B in English lang, but I got a C :frown: so I was wondering if i would get rejected as a result of this.

At a lot of the uni open days I've been to they've said that applying to somewhere where you cannot meet the requirements would be a bad idea and not to do it.
On the otherhand I've got friends who have called up unis and asked directly in their scenario. If your ps/reference/predicted grades are all really really good then you might stand a chance - especially if these are GCSE grades you're referring to!
Is anybody else applying to Northumbria/Oxford Brookes/Liverpool/Manchester Met/Coventry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Indigo69
I was considering taking geography at Uni. I know with resists i can achieve the average offer of BBB. Would a uni say they will give me a conditional offer off BBB if my prediction for alevel is BCC. i got CDD ( which isnt a true reflection on my ability)

Swansea give offers of BBB for geography and Liverpool ABB but may be lenient?
Reply 31
Original post by josielouisec
I got A in geography at AS and then 2 Cs, do you think I'd be able to get into a uni offering AAB/ABB? And does anyone know a good uni which I can put down as an insurance? At the moment I have Newcastle, Sussex, Lancaster(who require AAA) and Nottingham. I don't think I've done enough at AS to get the grades I need to get into these unis, can grades go up at A2 if you put the work in?

Liverpool is nice with a good course and offer ABB, most I've seen like Manchester, Kings, Birmingham etc. all offer AAB
Reply 32
Original post by Aneel98
I got 4A's at AS and now predicted 2A*s and an A. Applying for straight geography at durham, lse, ucl, kings and bristol/st andrews. Annoyingly we are doing WJEC board for geo which is sparse in resources... Any tips?

I do WJEC, what do you want to know?
Reply 33
I've applied for BA Geography in Manchester, Kings, Newcastle, Leeds and Liverpool with offers from all of them accept Liverpool.
Hey, I've applied for geography at Bristol and Newcastle and had offers from both, I've also had an offer from Birmingham for liberal arts and sciences where I would major in geography. But I applied for humsci at Oxford and Durham
Thank you😀 and yes I meant GCSE grade, I had rang kcl and did say they will have to consider my ps, predicted grades, references etc. Thanks again!! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone heard back from Edinburgh yet? :smile:
Has anyone heard from Bangor yet? I sent my form 4 weeks ago and have heard from everywhere but there now. All I keep getting is marketing emails from them :-(

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ameliadearie
Is anybody else applying to Northumbria/Oxford Brookes/Liverpool/Manchester Met/Coventry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I applied and have got offers from both Liverpool and Man Met. Liverpool looks really good for Geography!
LSE,
Durham,
Edinburgh,
Bristol,
Trinity College Dublin,
Oxford Brooks.
Doing Geography, but doing Geog and Politics if they offer a course.

What everyone else doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending