The Student Room Group

Geography applicants - 2016 entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cclaireb
Hi

I've got an offer from Durham too, did you apply for the BA or Bsc course?

Also waiting for Oxford, which college did you go for?

I applied for the bsc at Durham and then Keble at Oxford. You? I messed up the tsa so badly though I'm 95% certain I haven't got an interview!
Original post by Nicosdream
I applied for the bsc at Durham and then Keble at Oxford. You? I messed up the tsa so badly though I'm 95% certain I haven't got an interview!

Exactly the same for applications!! I think everyone thought the TSA went badly...
Exactly the same for applications!! I think everyone thought the TSA went badly...

Oh that's cool, haven't met anyone yet who has applied to Keble for geog! Yeah that's what's making me think I have a small chance of an interview - if everyone thought the tsa was alright I'd have no chance 😂
Oh that's cool, haven't met anyone yet who has applied to Keble for geog! Yeah that's what's making me think I have a small chance of an interview - if everyone thought the tsa was alright I'd have no chance 😂

Yeah hopefully, I found the essay the hardest part of it...

Which one did you do? I did the migration one but I sincerely wish I had done the one about whistleblowing because mine read like a gcse piece..
Which one did you do? I did the migration one but I sincerely wish I had done the one about whistleblowing because mine read like a gcse piece..

Yeah I did the migration one too, and again thought my answer was super basic; especially as I wrote about migration in my personal statement, probably should've come up with something a little more 'outside the box'?
Offers from Durham, Exeter, Newcastle and Queens... anyone else?? :smile:
Original post by pstewarr785

when did you send your application and when were your offers? what are your predictions??? hoping to go to Exeter:frown:
Original post by S01B97
when did you send your application and when were your offers? what are your predictions??? hoping to go to Exeter:frown:

I sent my UCAS off on the 3rd Nov and my predictions are A*A*A wbu? and received my offers on: 18th Nov Exeter.....18th Nov Queens....16th Nov Durham....4th Nov Newcastle
Reply 69
You did the TSA for geog?!

Reply 70
Original post by bibo_the_fish
I was predicted A*A*AA (including an A* already achieved, excluding Geography because it's not provided at my school)
I self-studied AP Environmental Science and got a 4, which I have no idea if they take into account )

I applied for....
Cambridge (rejected)
Durham BSc Geography (AA, excluding Math)
Edinburgh MA Geography with Environmental Studies (AAA)
Exeter BSc Geography (A*AB)
LSE BA Environment and Development (waiting)

Now I am choosing between Edinburgh and Durham to firm, and waiting for a rejection from LSE because my PS was targeted at BSc Geography (with interests in Environmental Science). I'm struggling to meet LSE'S language requirement for international students anyway. But still I'm curious how long will they keep me waiting :smile:

How are you planning on deciding between Edinburgh and Durham? I'm having a similar struggle between Leeds and Exeter. Although I haven't heard back from Exeter I hope I will soon because it's one of my favourites!
Congrats on your other offers too :smile:
Reply 71
I've had offers from 4/5 choices,

Durham (BSc) AAA
Durham (BA) A*AA
Bristol (BSc) AAA
Newcastle (BA) AAB
Cambridge (BA) interviewed & pooled but no offer

Anyone else thinking of putting durham geography as first choice??
Original post by bec_anna123

Durham (BSc) AAA
Durham (BA) A*AA
Bristol (BSc) AAA
Newcastle (BA) AAB

Yea got an offer from Durham (BSc) and thinking of putting it first then Exeter or Newcastle. What makes you apply for a BSc and BA at Durham?
Reply 73
Yea got an offer from Durham (BSc) and thinking of putting it first then Exeter or Newcastle. What makes you apply for a BSc and BA at Durham?

After the open day i really liked durham and wanted the best chance of getting in. I prefer human geog but they said that it was so difficult to get in due to it being so much more oversubscribed! I cant decide whether to put both choices as durham or whether to put bristol as insurance, what durham college are you hoping for??

Posted from TSR Mobile
After the open day i really liked durham and wanted the best chance of getting in. I prefer human geog but they said that it was so difficult to get in due to it being so much more oversubscribed! I cant decide whether to put both choices as durham or whether to put bristol as insurance, what durham college are you hoping for??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sweet!! I put down 'any' haha so ill get assigned one in Feb. You??
Original post by Wolfegirl98
Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling :smile:

have you recieved an answer from Edinburgh or Glasgow? I have applied to them too :biggrin:
Original post by oaoa_coto
have you recieved an answer from Edinburgh or Glasgow? I have applied to them too :biggrin:

Yeah I got an offer from Glasgow but we got told by our teachers that Edinburgh are usually very slow at getting back to people haha
Original post by ameliadearie
Is anybody else applying to Northumbria/Oxford Brookes/Liverpool/Manchester Met/Coventry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

liverpool!

what were your predicted grades? and did you apply for a Ba or Bsc at durham?

Durham (BSc) AAA
Durham (BA) A*AA
Bristol (BSc) AAA
Newcastle (BA) AAB

I want to put either durham or bristol as my first choice but they are the only two offers i am waiting for!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending