The Student Room Group

Got a U in business studies Unit 2 HELP!(AS)

hEY gUYS

So I got My AS results yesterday, biggest shock in my life when I saw what I got in business studies AS :frown:

buss1 (Unit 1) C 48 UMS MARKS (4 marks off a B)

BUSS2 (Unit 2) U 31 UMS MARKS ( 1 mark of an E and 4 of a D)

Im semi okay with buss1 C grade, aalthough a B would be nice

However I am shocked with Buss2! Not in a million years did I think I got a U. I think I my hand writing may have been a problem as i am always told and I think the examiner may have got annoyed and just carried on and gave it a U. Also I think I could pick up the easy one mark and get a E and get some ucas points as my overall grade right now is a U. Could I get a remark and how much will it cost. Also do you think I should get a remark on buss1 and try to get the B? Also with a subject like business studies prone to picking up marks.
Reply 1
I got the same on BUSS1 !!! :smile: but a E on paper 2. I was thinking of just redoing paper 2 because there are more marks on offer. I think they've marked extremely harshly.
Reply 2
Original post by Indigo69
I got the same on BUSS1 !!! :smile: but a E on paper 2. I was thinking of just redoing paper 2 because there are more marks on offer. I think they've marked extremely harshly.

Somebody that shares my sorrows, I love you! And yes I agree they did mark very harsh. Could I ask how many marks you got in unit 2 so I could see how many I need to bump up a mark? Also can I not pay for the remark, and if it ain't good enough just resit unit 2? Also I har the government are bringing in a new business studies method and exams, will we be effected and can we resit? Also how many marks did you get in buss1? thanks
Reply 3
You should ask for a remark if it's just one mark off.
Doesn't a remark cost £20?
Reply 4
Original post by Hai_Ann
You should ask for a remark if it's just one mark off.
Doesn't a remark cost £20?

That is what im going to do, money ain't the issue. Also could I still resit even with a remark?
Reply 5
[I got 55 UMS in paper 2 and 48 ums is 33 marks out of 60 in BUSS1. i feel you, i was getting like A/B/C in my papers in school, but evidently it wasnt to be.They are bringing out a new course but because we started it we are allowed on resit and they will give us the exams that are the same as the year we studied. I'd say get it remarked if its very close to the grade boundary, and just try very hard to smash the resits and A2 work. and yes you can resit
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by aliasjoe900
That is what im going to do, money ain't the issue. Also could I still resit even with a remark?

What exam board was it under? It varies from board to board.
AQA charges about £40 for a remark. So I'm not sure which is cheaper... to just do a retake or to remark it.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-POST-RESULTS-FEES-FCHART.PDF

Yeah I'm sure you can do that.
Reply 7
Original post by Hai_Ann
What exam board was it under? It varies from board to board.
AQA charges about £40 for a remark. So I'm not sure which is cheaper... to just do a retake or to remark it.

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/library/AQA-POST-RESULTS-FEES-FCHART.PDF

Yeah I'm sure you can do that.

yes it was with AQA and resitting won't cost me as im at sixth from and they pay.
Reply 8
[I got 55 UMS in paper 2 and 48 ums is 33 marks out of 60 in BUSS1. i feel you, i was getting like A/B/C in my papers in school, but evidently it wasnt to be.They are bringing out a new course but because we started it we are allowed on resit and they will give us the exams that are the same as the year we studied. I'd say get it remarked if its very close to the grade boundary, and just try very hard to smash the resits and A2 work. and yes you can resit

55 UMS points in paper 2 is a B? My mate got 53 and got a B.
Reply 9
55 UMS points in paper 2 is a B? My mate got 53 and got a B.
Is that for AQA?
Reply 10
Is that for AQA?

yes AQA and sorry misread, he got 91 UMS marks and got a B. im sure you were close to a D
Reply 11
yes AQA and sorry misread, he got 91 UMS marks and got a B. im sure you were close to a D
I was thinking :smile: doesnt matter any how just gonna smash it next year.
Reply 12
I was thinking :smile: doesnt matter any how just gonna smash it next year.

are you allowed to resit buss2 next year?
Reply 13
are you allowed to resit buss2 next year?
yeah why woulnd't i be. the new course doesnt affect us

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending