The Student Room Group

Starting A2- What should I do?

Took Maths, Further Maths and physics for AS.

Got my results yesterday and a few of my results do not look right. 98 UMS in C2 and M1 but 80 in C1? I am pretty sure I answered everything correctly. Should I resit C1 even though It wouldn't really affect my chances of getting an A* overall? I don't think I would have to study for it.

Taking 3 subjects in AS was very easy and I have studied A2 Maths this summer. Should I pick up Additional Further Maths AS or A2?
Reply 1
Original post by AlmostNotable
Took Maths, Further Maths and physics for AS.

Got my results yesterday and a few of my results do not look right. 98 UMS in C2 and M1 but 80 in C1? I am pretty sure I answered everything correctly. Should I resit C1 even though It wouldn't really affect my chances of getting an A* overall? I don't think I would have to study for it.

Taking 3 subjects in AS was very easy and I have studied A2 Maths this summer. Should I pick up Additional Further Maths AS or A2?

A lot of people score very highly on C1 so it's quite likely that small mistakes cost quite a lot at the upper end of the grading. It looks like a waste of time and money to resit, personally.

People normally go from four to three from AS to A2 but given you've already covered A2 Maths and taking up additional further isn't really a new subject then I don't see why not. Go for it. If it doesn't work you can always withdraw from it but based off your subjects and marks there then I think it'll be right up your street.

Quick Reply

Latest