The Student Room Group

Help! Any Uni of Braford current student?

Hello! Are there any Bradford Pharmacy current student?? As i am an international student, I am quite worried about getting into uni. How do you all feel about Uni of Bradford? How is the city? Would you recommend someone to get into that uni?
How was the pharmacy course there? I applied for the 5 years course and get an unconditional offer. Are there quite a number of international student? What about the living cost and transportation? Is it convenient to get groceries and stuff?
Sorry for the bunch of questions. Thanks in advance :biggrin::biggrin:
Living cost first of all is very good. Better than the rest of the country ! As for international students there are lots here from Canada greece Cyprus spain France everywhere. They come for the 5 year course too.
People aren't overly friendly I have found, perhaps because there isn't such a big drinking or party vibe, but I made friends in first year and was quite happy once I settled in.
Im sure you will like it, the course is interesting, the campus is realy cute and pretty and there's loss of nice accomodations to choose from, plus a big tesco, asda, and other privately owned supermarkets near by. The food is amazing.
Reply 2
Living is cheap. Bradford city centre is not the best but you've got Leeds and Manchester about an hour away. Also a new shopping centre is about to be completed around November. Supervision from tutors are much better as the groups are much smaller. Me personally if I went to a big uni I probably wouldnt have got the same attention as I had here at Bradford and it did help my studies. Campus is nice and compact. You do feel secure in Bradford in your halls but I would avoid areas like Manningham and around city centre. Its not the nicest. The campus is in the city centre so transport links are easy and shops are closer.

If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by hs1var19
Living is cheap. Bradford city centre is not the best but you've got Leeds and Manchester about an hour away. Also a new shopping centre is about to be completed around November. Supervision from tutors are much better as the groups are much smaller. Me personally if I went to a big uni I probably wouldnt have got the same attention as I had here at Bradford and it did help my studies. Campus is nice and compact. You do feel secure in Bradford in your halls but I would avoid areas like Manningham and around city centre. Its not the nicest. The campus is in the city centre so transport links are easy and shops are closer.

If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask. :smile:

Hello! thanks for the answers :biggrin: what year are you currently in? I wanted to ask about the 5th year placements, what do you find about them? are we guaranteed a placement?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending