The Student Room Group

What universities will accept Cs and Ds at A level?

my son received his ALevel second year result CCD we are struggling finding his a university's can u suggest any London universities
Original post by Rashedakarim
my son received his ALevel second year result CCD we are struggling finding his a university's can u suggest any London universities

Hi Mum,

I know it can be a daunting time but it all depends what course your son is looking to study...

We accept grades C and above, but we are a Digital Media and Design Institution and the majority of courses base their decisions on the portfolio and interview.

If a degree in Film, Sound Design, Broadcast Technology, Digital Advertising, Design and Coding is something your son will be interested in; feel free to check out the list of courses in clearing here and call our clearing line: 020 3040 3991

Our line is open until 8pm!

All the best with your decision!

Bee :h:
Reply 2
Original post by jon ahmet
didn't get good result a couple of years back but it seem's now i can never go to uni because they all seem to need a's and b's

Not at all Jon, i did awfully in my a levels (CCD) decided i wanted to go to university this year, however the courses i wanted to do i didn't meet their grade requirements. Applied anyway, wrote in my personal statement basically how i was young, dumb and didn't fully get the importance of education, applied to Portsmouth, roehampton and westminster and got an unconditional offer from all of them.
Look on www.whatuni.com It has a good search filter using grades achieved/predicted.

Or point him towards retakes or a Foundation course or an HNC/HND instead.

Or think seriously about a good apprenticeship - Uni isnt for everyone, especially if they have already struggled with A levels : https://apprenticeshipvacancymatchingservice.lsc.gov.uk/navms/forms/candidate/apprenticeships.aspx
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending