The Student Room Group

mPharm at RGU

Hey, new to the board and was wondering if anyone here is going to Robert Gordon to do the pharmacy degree after this summer or if anyone here is already there? I have an unconditional offer and have firmly accepted. Really looking forward to moving away from home and I love Aberdeen as a city. The campus looks fantastic too. Anyone else share my enthusiasm lol?

Danielle x
Hey Danielle. I have also accepted an unconditional to RGU in Spetember. I don't know if I'll go to the open day in March yet but I may go just to visit mates there. Well done on getting in. THis is the second time I applied to RGU.

I did AH chem grade C, AH Biology grade C, AH Stats grade D, and H Computing Grade B in 6th year. I got AACCC in 5th.

Where are you from?

David
Reply 2
Im in Arbroath, boring little town on the east coast of scotland. I will be staying in Halls the first year, should be fun. Im not expecting much luck with exams this year, they're all pretty tough although who knows what'll happen come may...

I think Im going to the open day in march, if anything to see what halls are like since i had a private visit having missed the open day so I saw the facilities but not Halls.

Nice to see someone else is actually going to Robert Gordon, having trouble meeting people who are going there, they all opt for aberdeen university lol

Danielle x
Cool. I've been to Arbroath on one of those Royal Marine Experience Days at Condor. It was fantastic but I reckon it must be awfy coldin the winter in Arbroath.

I've not seen the residences yet but my mate assures me they are small and the biggest dumps he has ever seen :smile:. I look forward to it. Don't stress yourself too much over the exams if you have an unconditional. Just try your best to absorb what you need for Pharmacy.
I have no idea if I can remember half the stuff I learned at school which worries me but I'm sure they'll ease us into Pharmacy for a week. I really can't remember my pi bonds and those other ones and whatchamacallits bonds. Goodness I better really revise sometime before the course.

Last year I found one person who was going to RGU to do Pharmacy from Nairn and that was it.

Last year at the open day it was unbelievable that there was about 15 girls to a guy. and 10 Irish to a non-Irish. Scary.

David
Reply 4
Well there are about 200 places on the course lol so should be good. I like the idea of there being so many people on your course so that you basically wont be the thickest one there lol. Thats what I hate most about this year, there are only 3 of us in my Advanced Maths class and I am the middle cleverest but I think the lowest is dropping it after having done atrociously (like me) in the prelim recently. Means I'll be stuck with smart ass but I have worked out a revision plan to last me till the may exams so it should be ok.

The course looks and sounds fantastic if a little challenging but then if its going to cost a lot to manage to go to university in the first place (and I am funding myself) then you want to get your money's worth dont you? Also the fact that there is a definite job at the end of it helps things look brighter.
Cool. Have you heard anything from RGU as of late? They said we'd need criminal checks and health stuff but I've not heard anymore. I do know there is an open day which I'm going to pop in to. The afternoon I believe, on the Dundee Aberdeen train.
Reply 6
Yeah, Im getting a lift up to save train fare and then going shopping lol except that it apparently lasts until 3:45 or something. I've not heard anything since I got the letter telling me about the open day so not sure whats going on. The last thing i have from them is saying that I have been offered the place, nothing from after I firmly accepted but Im sure it'll all be ok. Apparently you need the letter to apply for accomodation but im not sure how true that is, might just be something someone posted on here.

Oooo, can't wait to move!

Latest

Trending

Trending