The Student Room Group

Should I drop a subject for A2?

Hi,

I just got my results for my AS's and received 5A's in Maths, Further Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics. I was wondering if dropping Economics for A2 would put me at a disadvantage to students doing 5A2s as I know how competitive medicine is. Also due to the fact most uni's do not consider Maths and Further Maths as 2 separate A2's, would they consider me as someone doing 3 A2's if I did Maths, Further Maths, Biology and Chemistry next year?

The only subject I would consider dropping is Economics as I do not really enjoy it and it was my worst scored (got 85% UMS).

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
If you don't like Economics, then by all means drop it. You could ditch FM too, and it would make no difference to your application - you are right that you would still only be considered to be doing 3 A2s.
Reply 2
Only 3 A2 subjects will appear in your offer. The only medical school I can think of where 4 or 5 would give you an advantage, is Barts... and to be honest, it's not worth it! You would be far better off using your time practicing interview techniques and getting experience :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending