The Student Room Group

Did anyone do WJEC exams?

I see a lot of other exam boards on here but not much of WJEC, was wondering how everyone exams were?? (Gcse)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I did wjec english language and lit....
the paper was about cows and a letter and a speech.
I did WJEC Spanish..anyone know the grade boudaries as in how many out of 200 you need for each grade?
I did WJEC History, and the exams weren't too bad.
Original post by RadonGhost
I did WJEC History, and the exams weren't too bad.

So did I, which papers did you do?
I did WJEC ICT

I hated unit 1 but unit 3 was okay.
I did History and Geography
Reply 7
Did WJEC Psychology and the exams went ok but the results I got were surprising. Apparently WJEC have been known for not marking well... :s-smilie:
Original post by Patini1
Did WJEC Psychology and the exams went ok but the results I got were surprising. Apparently WJEC have been known for not marking well... :s-smilie:

I feel the same about geography. Thought the exams went well but results were a shock to me!!
Reply 9
I did WJEC Film Studies and the course was fine I guess, and the exam wasn't too difficult because we were prepared for it. I am a bit worried about the end result however due to some vague or poorly worded questions in the exam meaning I may have answered the questions completely wrong despite writing a lot. Either way, I'm not too worried about the grade I get for the subject anyway
Original post by katiemckkk
I did WJEC Spanish..anyone know the grade boudaries as in how many out of 200 you need for each grade?

Type in WJEC grade boundaries and go to 2014 gcse summer and have a look might be a guide there :smile:
Original post by beckylarge
I feel the same about geography. Thought the exams went well but results were a shock to me!!

Was this 2014 geography? I got my results last year and came out with a C i put so much effort into it even my teacher thought i would have gotten an A or at least a B so I've resat now.
Yeah with marking we had one of my biology papers back i was 1 mark of the next grade boundary and funny enough i was owe a mark!! :frown:
Original post by Mathematicsguru
I did wjec english language and lit....

I'm in Wales mine was on a spy and a school article (boring)
Original post by Kafi_Z
I did WJEC Film Studies and the course was fine I guess, and the exam wasn't too difficult because we were prepared for it. I am a bit worried about the end result however due to some vague or poorly worded questions in the exam meaning I may have answered the questions completely wrong despite writing a lot. Either way, I'm not too worried about the grade I get for the subject anyway

Awhh that sucks! Nevermind. Hope you get a good outcome with your results :wink:
You find geogeaphy?
I did History and Geography
Reply 15

Same for me because the answers I used in my unit 1, I knew for sure was A grade because I used them in mocks and consistently got As. I know I sightly messed up on my unit 2 but I would have expected and overall grade B. My teacher is getting the scripts back and he'll read them over and most likely send it back for remarks.
Sorry, stupid phone. *How did you find Geography?
Original post by Leeshandexams
You find geogeaphy?
Original post by Patini1
Same fr me because the answers I used in my unit 1, I knew for sure was A grade because I used them in mocks and consistently got As. I know I sightly messed up on my unit 2 but I would have expected and overall grade B. My teacher is getting the scripts back and he'll read them over and most likely send it back for remarks.

Is this gce?
Original post by Mathematicsguru
I did wjec english language
and lit....

I did the same paper. How did you find it? I thought question 1 and 2 were strange and similar. Question 1 asking about why the people in Africa thought the charity was important and Question 2 asking how the charity improves lives.

And the poetry in Lit was dreadful lol.
Reply 19
Original post by Leeshandexams
Is this gce?

Yeah, my first years so AS.

Quick Reply

Latest