The Student Room Group

I've ruined my life! HELP

Well my life isn't ruined but would like some help. :frown:

I had plans to go to a top 25 university to study Finance but I achieved BBD instead of BBC.

I've accepted that I got rejected by my firm but I'm distraught to learn that I can't get into a decent university because of the D I achieved.

I also achieved a B in an AS subject as well as 4 A's in my GCSE's including Maths and English; but these aren't helping me in this situation so what use are they? Surely they should help in times like this?

I've always been an A/B student and my grades over the last 5 years prove that up until I achieved the D. Every university I've contacted doesn't seem to care because of the D. I don't know how I got a D due to the amount of work I put in and I'm shocked, but theres no point getting a remark.

So here I am, going to a university that's rated around 50th when I could've gotten into my firm with BBC and even if I didn't, I could've gotten into a top 20 RG uni through clearing but again they told me the D is why they can't give me an offer.

What would you do in my situation? Retake the year? Or just suck it up and carry on with life?

Without sounding stuck up and arrogrant, the worst feeling is that I know I'm better than than the university I'm going and the D I achieved does not reflect my ability. I've never gotten below a grade C overall in the past years.

Not really achieving anything by making this thread but I just wanted to vent :frown:
Reply 1
It is annoying but one option would be to do Finance at the uni your in and if your not happy with that level of education/career prospect if you get me then do a masters at a higher uni after?
Reply 2
Yeah definitely sounds like a plan if I do go through with this uni!
Reply 3
Original post by KAKAKA17
Yeah definitely sounds like a plan if I do go through with this uni!

What uni is it if you mind me asking (just out of interest), you don't have to say :smile:
Original post by KAKAKA17
Well my life isn't ruined but would like some help. :frown:

I had plans to go to a top 25 university to study Finance but I achieved BBD instead of BBC.

I've accepted that I got rejected by my firm but I'm distraught to learn that I can't get into a decent university because of the D I achieved.

I also achieved a B in an AS subject as well as 4 A's in my GCSE's including Maths and English; but these aren't helping me in this situation so what use are they? Surely they should help in times like this?

I've always been an A/B student and my grades over the last 5 years prove that up until I achieved the D. Every university I've contacted doesn't seem to care because of the D. I don't know how I got a D due to the amount of work I put in and I'm shocked, but theres no point getting a remark.

So here I am, going to a university that's rated around 50th when I could've gotten into my firm with BBC and even if I didn't, I could've gotten into a top 20 RG uni through clearing but again they told me the D is why they can't give me an offer.

What would you do in my situation? Retake the year? Or just suck it up and carry on with life?

Without sounding stuck up and arrogrant, the worst feeling is that I know I'm better than than the university I'm going and the D I achieved does not reflect my ability. I've never gotten below a grade C overall in the past years.

Not really achieving anything by making this thread but I just wanted to vent :frown:

I think you need to have a good think if "prestige" is what is effecting your decision or if you know that regardless of league table position you d be unhappy at that uni anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending