The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Does freshers week only involve going clubs?

Hi, im pretty nervous about starting Uni cos I despise clubs but I feel like that is gonna be the main focus of freshers week. Is there much other stuff going on?
For most people it is a key focus, but there will be other stuff going. In halls, certainly in Fallowfield, there'll be comedy and pub quizzes.

The SU and societies will also have a broad programme of events which do not involve clubs.

That said, I'd strongly urge you to give the first night or two (or the whole week if you can manage it) in the clubs a chance. It's great way to bond with flatmates, and meet new people. And then you can know for sure whether it's for you.

I sort of had your opinion before starting, but as the year went on, nights out got better and better, as I found out what I really liked. Before coming to Manchester (which has the best nightlife in the country), I hadn't enjoyed clubs much, because they were ****. Manchester is so much better. Worth giving it a go.

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
The wristband you get is clubs along with Pangea which is the big festival they do 3 times a year. Clubbing was nice to get to know flatmates but the clubs we went to with the wristband are not ones I go to now as I've found others that I prefer. With regards to Pangea, it is fun and a lot of people go that aren't first years, I've not been since, but that's to do with my friends and I being disorganised and not thinking of these things till after they've sold out. There is society stuff as well as pub quizzes, last year there was also alternative non-drinking stuff, so I'm sure there will be this year as well if you look.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending