The Student Room Group

I failed my as can I retake?

due to personal stuff I failed half of my as exams, I got two Us and two Es.
if I was to retake them, how can i do that?
money is limited but only exam fees would be fine.

Is it possible to take a gap year after my as and work and retake the exams at the end of the year?
Can I go to a different college and start as all over again?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Perhaps ask your sixth form whether they'd allow you to retake the year with them?
It's possible to retake them. You have a few options~

1) Resit the whole AS year. Note that your college may not allow you to retake the subjects you failed in and may ask you to pick other subjects. If you want to do the whole year but with the same subjects you could look for another college that will let you.

2) Retake all the exams in your A2 year (this is only if your college allows you to continue into A2, as most colleges don't if you get U grades..), you'll probably have to pay for this yourself if your college chooses not to pay for you.

I don't think taking a gap year during A levels is possible, or at least i've never heard of anyone doing that. You could look into it though.

I'm in the same situation as you, I got a CDU in Fashion, Business Studies, and Sociology, so I decided to retake the whole year at another college because my previous one is horrible and didn't really help me when I was at my lowest (they actually made me worse lol). I'm not going to be doing Fashion, Eng Lit and Communications and Culture at my new college.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest