The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Chances of an LSE offer

Hello,

I recently got my AS results back and they've made me much more nervous about applying to LSE.

At GCSE I got 6A 4B and a C with English and Maths both being at an A.
At AS I got two As in Maths and Econ, a C in history (that was a few marks away from being a B so I will remark but probably resit either way). Also a D in Biology which I have dropped.
I have work experience from Rolls Royce and a London Hedge Fund so I'm Hopeful my grades will be looked on favourably.
I am predicted an A* in Maths and Econ but only a B in History.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
what are you thinking of applying for?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by gohohome
what are you thinking of applying for?

Economics
Original post by AdamThomass
Hello,

I recently got my AS results back and they've made me much more nervous about applying to LSE.

At GCSE I got 6A 4B and a C with English and Maths both being at an A.
At AS I got two As in Maths and Econ, a C in history (that was a few marks away from being a B so I will remark but probably resit either way). Also a D in Biology which I have dropped.
I have work experience from Rolls Royce and a London Hedge Fund so I'm Hopeful my grades will be looked on favourably.
I am predicted an A* in Maths and Econ but only a B in History.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

The entry requirements will be A*AA for BSC Economics.
This is a very competitive course, have you had a look at other courses?
Most who will be studying BSC Economics will also have studied Further Mathematics to at least AS standard.
Reply 4
Original post by EquityResearch
The entry requirements will be A*AA for BSC Economics.
This is a very competitive course, have you had a look at other courses?
Most who will be studying BSC Economics will also have studied Further Mathematics to at least AS standard.

I'm taking further maths AS alongside my A Levels this year which covers the Further Maths. I have also looked at Bath and UCL.
If I am being truly honest I find it very unlikely you would make it for straight economics with those grades. In my opinion your best bet (if you only want to go to LSE) would be to resit some exams, get very good A level results and apply in the gap year. Otherwise I would just look at other universities as your grades are still good for economics but just not at a place like LSE I would think due to the very high competition.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending