The Student Room Group

Sharing problems

I don't really know if this is the right place to post this but I wanted to share my experience and see if anyone has had the same happen to them or if there's anyone else in my position?

Basically I am going to be a student at The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama next year. I will be studying the diploma in musical theatre and my course (unusually) starts in january 2016! Other students on the BA etc will start in october.

Anyway, as I will be moving to London I wanted to find people who are also from Central and who are also studying the same course as me. I know this limits me slightly, however I decided that it would be best to live with people who will have similar studying hours to me and share similar interests to me. I also would feel much safer as I have never lived in London before!

Yesterday I attended a sharer's day hosted by Central in hope to find a group to live with, and I was successful. I found 3 girls and 1 boy who said they would be happy for me to try and find a 5 bedroom house with them. So all of that day we spent talking to letting agents, going into estate agents all around the area and ringing up about properties we had found on rightmove etc.

However as the day went on we weren't successful in finding anything as most places were offering 4 bed flats; this was okay with me as 1) it's not urgent for myself to move down right away and 2) i was being realistic in the fact we probably wouldn't find anything that good on the same day. BUT the people who I was hoping to share with were very desperate to find something so they were willing to look elsewhere in London. I couldn't stay unfortunately to look with the rest of the group, but I had said to them if you do find anything then please let me know which they agreed to do.

The rest of the day I heard nothing. I had all of them on facebook and all of their numbers and none of them had notified me of anything, until the next morning. I received a text saying: After you left we discussed what we were going to do, and decided that looking for a four bed flat would be more convenient for several reasons. Hope you're successful in finding somewhere to live.

So not only did they not apologise, they have also left me by myself. A whole day wasted trying to meet people to live with and they decide to just cut me off. i'm now very stuck about what to do and how to meet other people without sounding like a sad case... I just couldn't believe these people could be so cruel as to dangle an opportunity like that in front of me and that take it away without even consulting me.

Please, if anyone can give me advice or has even been in the same position I would love to hear from you...

Thanks for reading this ridiculously long message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending