Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have bad Trapped Wind. What can i do to pass it ?

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014

Very embarassed about this. But i have really bad trapped Wind.
    My stomach is really hurting,and is bloated.

Can i take anything to release it ? I've tried a Hot Water Bottle on my stomach - but hasn't helped.

I'm in pain & need answers please. Thankyou.

Anyone ? I'm in pain !
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    You could try a mild laxative or something like Deflatine but I would also say that if it's been an hour and you're still in pain, especially if it's more to the left of your belly, you should consider that it might be appendicitis, in which case you should get to a doctor asap.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    peppermint water, or try and go for a poo
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    fart?

(Original post by kylie88)
    fart?
    I can't !! Also can't go to the loo - been trying for ages

Stomach cramps are really painful - but not really on left side. My whole stomach hurts .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    its all in the fibre...
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    coffee makes me poo try drinking a strong cup?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jennybean is right that appendicitis is a possibility however just to clear this up - the appendix is on the left side of a tummy if you are looking at one but it is on the right side if it is on yourself. If your tummy hurts on your lower right and you start feeling sick or feverish then you should get medical help asap.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jennybean)
    You could try a mild laxative or something like Deflatine but I would also say that if it's been an hour and you're still in pain, especially if it's more to the left of your belly, you should consider that it might be appendicitis, in which case you should get to a doctor asap.
    Don't you mean right?

(Original post by *dottie*)
    Jennybean is right that appendicitis is a possibility however just to clear this up - the appendix is on the left side of a tummy if you are looking at one but it is on the right side if it is on yourself. If your tummy hurts on your lower right and you start feeling sick or feverish then you should get medical help asap.
    My whole stomach hurts - not just one area. I do feel sick,can't see it being related to this
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt@internet)
    Don't you mean right?
    Yes, I do, sorry kids. I was thinking of the medial view diagrams from anatomy. OP if it's spread over your whole belly then trigger's suggestions were good. Have you tried taking a laxative?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    drink loads and loads of water, eat fruits if you have them. oranges, apples, grapes, ect they should help
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    give your belly a massage following the colon round (look a piccie up if you don't know) - press firmish. drink peppermint tea if you have any, or take some rennies/indigestion med if you have some? your 'rents must have some (if you're at home that is!)

I love the farting session after trapped wind. So relieving.

(Original post by Sniff)
    give your belly a massage following the colon round (look a piccie up if you don't know) - press firmish. drink peppermint tea if you have any, or take some rennies/indigestion med if you have some? your 'rents must have some (if you're at home that is!)
    I'm not at home - at a friend's house ! They haven't any indigestion meds,or Laxatives Drinking Peppermint Tea - though it is horrid.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    it'l work i promise

(Original post by Trigger)
    it'l work i promise
    How long does it take to work ? Not working yet & stomach really hurts
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    drink coke... preferably not cold

shud work
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    um no idea i just know we give it to people on the ward
Updated: December 7, 2013
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.