The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Help finding a job on campus?

Hi Everyone,

I am an international student coming to Sheffield (EU-citizen), and I want to find a job on campus. At my old university, I worked as a research assistant in a biomedical lab. I would like to find something similar but having a hard time finding information on the net. Any help would me much appreciated.

Although a research job is more ideal, I am interested in any on-campus job. Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by mariesays
Hi Everyone,

I am an international student coming to Sheffield (EU-citizen), and I want to find a job on campus. At my old university, I worked as a research assistant in a biomedical lab. I would like to find something similar but having a hard time finding information on the net. Any help would me much appreciated.

Although a research job is more ideal, I am interested in any on-campus job. Thanks.

Head into the union once you start and get to the job shop place. The university take on staff for the union that I think rotate through the outlets (between the cafe/bars and union shops). The job shop also should have other postings around in the area if you can't get into something at the union.

As for scientific stuff it's fairly unlikely during the year. However, speak to the academics there and often you can work over the Easter break and/or Summer if you're sticking around. It's otherwise not really common to see undergraduates in the labs as they're pretty busy places anyway with the students doing their final year research projects (and all the PhDs/post docs). It's always just worth asking your tutor when you get there about it as they will have the best handle on whether there would be anything like that available but if there is anything on a regular basis i'd imagine it's unlikely to be paid/more just to help students get experience. The SURE scheme is a paid research project over summer, for a specific one.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending