The Student Room Group

help me please oh god please help with these bas AS grades and a lust for engineering

Hi!! The other day I got my AS results: C in Maths (B in C1 and C1, and a U in M1); D in Physics (A in coursework, U in Unit 1 and B in Unit 2); D in Art; B in Literature and C in Critical Thinking. This is a huge downgrade from my GCSEs in which I got 5A*s, 6As and 1B.
For A2 I have enrolled with Physics, Maths and Art with hopes of studying Civil Engineering at University.
As you can tell, my AS grades will be an absolute joke on applications for such a course. However, by resitting C1 and Mechanics, and Physics 2, by grades will hopefully be bumped up to B/A. Also, every art student received an email stating that the college are appealing for re-moderations as many art students have experienced drops of around two grades. So hopefully my Art will go up to a B.
I, wholeheartedly, can admit that I didn't put in anywhere near as much work as I should have.
Is there any point in pursuing Civil/Structural Engineering? Am I just too stupid? Will my university applications will be taken seriously even if my teachers give me high predicted grades (which will probably be the case)? What do I do???(Sorry for this long post I just feel so perplexed and pooped).
Thanks in advance!!
Reply 1
Never give up, just do it
Reply 2
Original post by amachine
Never give up, just do it

thanks for the support, you're my biggest fan! it's just upsetting knowing that I should have tried earlier on, and now everyone is ahead of the game, but me.

Quick Reply

Latest