The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just letting everyone know - I've booked my ticket. :smile:

I seriously doubt that Panic! will be called up. Even if they are, I doubt they'll take the opportunity, given their monumental failure at Reading last year.

Anyway. Anyone got any hot tips for the lineup this year?

Probably the best punt would be for Enter Shikari playing on the Snickers Stage.

Anyone got any other ideas?
This is the worst line up since ever
Reply 42
SmilerNuts
RJA - which guitarist are we talking about here?

Wes from LB...
Reply 43
Peart
This is the worst line up since ever

Oh come on... wait till at least April until you write the whole thing off. There's only 8 bands out of the 90-100 that are going to play, actually announced yet.
Reply 44
Enter Shikari? That would be... interesting. I suppose Download does appeal to myspace scene kids in some ways. Obviously not all of their fans are like that but you know what their audiences are like at gigs... :p:
Reply 45
Hey going to Download Fest for the first time this year and will be driving but ive got a Geology A2 exam the monday following at 9AM lol so is it possible to get from Download Fest preferably after the last act on Sunday to London to make my Geology exam at 9AM I dont mind going without sleep but would the traffic be really bad?? Cheer
Reply 46
n u c l e a r b d h
Enter Shikari? That would be... interesting. I suppose Download does appeal to myspace scene kids in some ways. Obviously not all of their fans are like that but you know what their audiences are like at gigs... :p:

Download has a MySpace Stage. Enter Shikari played it last year, along with Bring Me The Horizon, Mendeed, Skindred and Lordi amongst a load of random hardcore bands.
n u c l e a r b d h
I danced to that in P.E. in Year 10. :p: How very uncool.

what about My Way? that was at my primary school leaving disco lol! quality!
ChrisF
Hey going to Download Fest for the first time this year and will be driving but ive got a Geology A2 exam the monday following at 9AM lol so is it possible to get from Download Fest preferably after the last act on Sunday to London to make my Geology exam at 9AM I dont mind going without sleep but would the traffic be really bad?? Cheer

the traffic will doubtless be terrible! to avoid it you have to leave before the last act which you dont wanna do. you should make it for 9AM but theres no way you'd be in any state to sit an exam!

hot tips? - i reckon mendeed will be higher up the bill along with the zico chain cause they both have new albums out now/near future. shadows fall, alexisonfire, lamb of god, unearth and paramore (shudder lol) will all doubtless find a space
n u c l e a r b d h
I danced to that in P.E. in Year 10. :p: How very uncool.

In P.E. in year 10? Try a month or so ago :p: lol, scary right :wink:

Search for my name on YouTube and you'll get a taste of the horror lol...
Reply 50
I'm probably going... at the moment i'm stuck with two couples, I don't want to a fifth wheel though :frown: I need someone to split up or someone else to come :p:
i dont know you but i'll come! lol as long as you're paying
Reply 52
ChrisF

The traffic won't be as bad as it was last year on Sunday Night, I think. There's a decent headliner who's actually going to draw in all the crowds. It doesn't look like there's any choice other than driving on Sunday night for you, though. Just pray for baking hot sunshine, or you'll not only have fun in the traffic jam on the roads, but also the traffic jam in the car park - waiting to be towed out :p:
Needless to say - I'm not driving, ha! **** that for a game of soldiers. Did it last year and it was a bit of a mission - and quite frankly, I can't be arsed! Once you're on the M1, though - you'll be fine :smile:
Reply 53
King Of Leon
I'm probably going... at the moment i'm stuck with two couples, I don't want to a fifth wheel though :frown: I need someone to split up or someone else to come :p:

Don't worry about being a... 5th wheel (lol) just go and be sociable with your neighbours. You'll no doubt meet some really cool people - try and amalgamate groups to form bigger, BETTER campsites. I did last year. Not only did I meet some absolutely awesome people, but I got 2 of them together, and they're still together now! :biggrin: Dirty lesbians :p:
Anyway. If you do need someone to talk to or need advice etc when at Download, come find me. I'll be in a fairly prominent place as always and I'm going to have a flag up this year... dunno what yet, but it'll probably be red and emblazened with my face or something. I'll let you know what it'll be nearer the time :p:
Reply 54
SmilerNuts
you should make it for 9AM but theres no way you'd be in any state to sit an exam!

No worries, I'm going to do terrible in the exam anyway! And the sleep deprivation bit nothing that a nap, caffiene and the adrenaline leftover from download wont fix! :biggrin:

I cant believe the organisers chose MCR to headline this year! I hope theyll change there minds and replace them with a acredited band such as Slayer this better not be the shape of things to come! MCR should be confined to such festivals as Reading. Other than that does anyone think theres any chance of Metallica playing this year? thatd be awesome.
Reply 55
Severely doubt it...
Reply 56
ChrisF
No worries, I'm going to do terrible in the exam anyway! And the sleep deprivation bit nothing that a nap, caffiene and the adrenaline leftover from download wont fix! :biggrin:

I cant believe the organisers chose MCR to headline this year! I hope theyll change there minds and replace them with a acredited band such as Slayer this better not be the shape of things to come! MCR should be confined to such festivals as Reading. Other than that does anyone think theres any chance of Metallica playing this year? thatd be awesome.

2 Years in a row? And not headlining? Not on your nelly.
do they ever change the headliners? like if a band has a last minute surge in popularity?

vlad - you bring flags with you!?
Reply 58
SmilerNuts
do they ever change the headliners? like if a band has a last minute surge in popularity?

I bloody well hope so! I hope the organisers start to listen to the majority of the fan base and make My Chemical Romance a supporting band not a headlining one!
Reply 59
SmilerNuts

Theoretically, they can. I've not seen it happen before - mainly because the headliners have previously been plausible - but the real question is whether they will listen to the punters and ignore the record companies. I've got no problem with MCR playing... the Snickers Tent, where they belong - but they are no headline act. Not by a long shot.

And yes, I take flags. :cool:

Latest