The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
No, no word as yet. I'm giving them 2 working weeks and then going to complain about a terrible level of customer service and demanding that I get an upgrade to RIP for the disgusting level of service I've been presented with. :cool:

Self confirmed bands are ones who have basically said... yeah we're going to play Download this year, but their contracts haven't been completed with LiveNation so they won't be officially announced.

Unsigned bands, like Enter Shikari get to play because, although they are unsigned, they are on the music industry's radar and companies like LiveNation will approach the band and enter into talks directly with the band. :smile:
Reply 81
Umm RIP...
VIP was great, except the bloody showers were absolutely freezing.
Although we were very close to the main area. RIPs need to go on a pilgrimage
what is RIP? lol ask if you can get an extra ticket for your good friend SmilerNuts...
Reply 83
SmilerNuts
what is RIP? lol ask if you can get an extra ticket for your good friend SmilerNuts...

RIP is Download's branded VIP tickets. Better campsite, better facilities etc. Not as good an atomsphere though...
Argh, Dragonforce and Dimmu Borgir have been confirmed!!! Sadly not on the same day :frown: Might go for just one day to see Dimmu cos I've already seen Dragonforce and they might not be as much fun in such a big 'venue'; that's if I can't make the other festival. I'll go on the website.

Aw crap, they don't do day tickets. :mad:
Reply 85
Mad Vlad
RIP is Download's branded VIP tickets. Better campsite, better facilities etc. Not as good an atomsphere though...

Campsite? I thought you stayed in the "near" by hotel or something

"I'm spartacus"
The entire camp echos thoses words if said once..
Korn!!!!! im very happy, hopefully they will make up for last year. Velvet revolver, dragonForce, dimmu borgir, lamb of God . devildriver im very happy and now im excited!!!

Bring on Machine head and Megadeth and the lineup would be complete
Reply 87
starless_dark
Argh, Dragonforce and Dimmu Borgir have been confirmed!!! Sadly not on the same day :frown: Might go for just one day to see Dimmu cos I've already seen Dragonforce and they might not be as much fun in such a big 'venue'; that's if I can't make the other festival. I'll go on the website.

I think day tickets are generally released closer to the festival when the line ups are better known :smile:
now Lamb of God and Korn have been confirmed i really wanna go! if they change a certain headliner and replace them with an actual metal band the weekend could be perfect!

Bengal tiger - do you really think Megadeth will play? thought Dave had retired again or is he running out of money?

Starless Dark - please tell me how the Decapitated gig goes! they rock but never come near me
SmilerNuts
now Lamb of God and Korn have been confirmed i really wanna go! if they change a certain headliner and replace them with an actual metal band the weekend could be perfect!

Bengal tiger - do you really think Megadeth will play? thought Dave had retired again or is he running out of money?

Starless Dark - please tell me how the Decapitated gig goes! they rock but never come near me

Megadeth have a new album out soon! you can get a few songs if you put the effort in from it. Mustaine has said that he will bring the gigantour to Europe at some point.

I think that after the heroes reception they got back in 05 Mustaine wants to be back.
Sadly no, I checked.

http://www.downloadfestival.co.uk/tickets/
DAY TICKETS
At this point there are no plans to sell day tickets for DL07. We will be calculating audience capacities with the local authorities and if possible a small number of day tickets may become available much nearer the date of the festival. However it is also possible that the site capacity will not be able to accommodate day tickets. We will announce further information in mid May.
:mad:
SmilerNuts

Twas well good :biggrin:. They were supported by Blindead (lol!) and Phazm (and Hate but there wasn't enough time for them to play) and I was in the pit for most of Decapitated's set, fell over a few times but the others in the pit helped me up :yy: Got trampled once though, but it was all great fun. I was the only girl in the pit until the last song when there were a few halfhearted attempts by some girls who then stopped and went back to standing and nodding/headbanging. My neck aches (I can't bend it to look down) and I have friction burns on my knees and bruises, it was ****ing excellent. The most fun I've had in ages, and a bit of a bonding experience with one of my guy mates I went with. Would have bought a tshirt but thought I had no money - turned out I had a tenner hiding away after we'd left the venue but the shirts were £15 anyway. Drinks were costly and took most of my money, stupid Music Box. £2.85 for a can of Strongbow??? I bought 3 over the course of the night, which was...£8.55. That is the most I could've bought with a tenner. At my halls bar a pint of cider is £1.10, and I worked out I could have bought 9 drinks there with a tenner :mad:

Lol, I've been using angry smileys a lot in this thread, I'm not that grumpy in real life, haha. :biggrin:
Reply 92
Ach! This is tough, I'm now slightly more tempted than I was BUT a Euro festival still seems far better idea.

I mean for the price of just a bogstandard Download weekend camping ticket you can go to Graspop, stay in a hotel, travel by Eurostar and get free travel in Belgium. AND it has better headliners (Maiden, Ozzy and Aerosmith). Undercard is usually similar to Download's too.

+ you're not forced to buy Carling
+ there are bands playing til 1.30am
+ food's cheaper
+ get to go abroad

:s-smilie:
Reply 93
I would pay alot to go to Graspop on the Sunday.

Eluveitie
Turisas
Moonsorrow
Korpiklaani
Finntroll
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom

:eek3: I would have all those bands in my top 20!

And you can't say that undercard is similar to Download (although Fri and Sat are similar with KoRn etc.)
Reply 94
RJA

And you can't say that undercard is similar to Download (although Fri and Sat are similar with KoRn etc.)

Sorry I meant last year, so far this year Graspop has only announced a handful of (good) acts.

Last year Graspop and Download shared: Stone Sour, Trivium, BFMV, Lacuna Coil, Satyricon, A7X, Alice in Chains, Devil Driver, In Flames and Cradle of Filth.

Which is a fair bit of main stage fodder.
Reply 95
starless_dark

Can you quote your source for the bolded bit? Just so that I can keep my lineup as accurate as possible :smile:

They may do day tickets. It depends what the general admission weekend sales are like as they're predicting (possibly) a capacity weekend ticket sellout.
Reply 96
Trexx
Campsite? I thought you stayed in the "near" by hotel or something

"I'm spartacus"
The entire camp echos thoses words if said once..

You have a few choices with RIP.
Hotel is one of them, but you also have the choice of camping, too :smile:
[EDIT] And yes... some of the old favourites like Timmayyyyy, *******s, or I'm spartacus, are pretty standard crowd pleasers. :smile:
Mad Vlad
Can you quote your source for the bolded bit? Just so that I can keep my lineup as accurate as possible :smile:

They may do day tickets. It depends what the general admission weekend sales are like as they're predicting (possibly) a capacity weekend ticket sellout.

Source: Download festival site, lol.
RJA
I would pay alot to go to Graspop on the Sunday.

Eluveitie
Turisas
Moonsorrow
Korpiklaani
Finntroll
Amon Amarth
Children of Bodom

I would have all those bands in my top 20!

:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

Oh my god, oh my god, I just googled Graspop (never heard of it before) and went on the Website - aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhh amazing line-up! Damn Europeans/Scandanavians do things so well!
Reply 98
starless_dark
Source: Download festival site, lol.

:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

Oh my god, oh my god, I just googled Graspop (never heard of it before) and went on the Website - aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhh amazing line-up! Damn Europeans/Scandanavians do things so well!

Where though? I can't see them being assigned to a particular day...
Reply 99
Mad Vlad
You have a few choices with RIP.
And yes... some of the old favourites like Timmayyyyy, *******s, or I'm spartacus, are pretty standard crowd pleasers. :smile:

Oh yeah...every so often someone would txt a picture then..."Timmmayyy"
Or some random emo picture...where everyone goes booo

Latest