The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Am I good enough for Imperial?

Hi guys,

I don't want to waste an application since I have 5 I believe. I need to know whether I have any chance to study Mechanical Engineering at Imperial.

GCSE'S : 2A*, 6A, 2B (+ Distinction* in BTEC Business lol)

AS : Maths 276/300
Further Maths 252/300
Physics 271/300
Chemistry 262/300

Mean Average UMS 88.4%, not stunning grades but okay I guess.
Considering to apply for Southampton, Bristol, Bath.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Yes, write a good ps and interview well and I'd say you have a very good chance.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Imperial will not ask to see your UMS percentage, so as far as they are concerned you have aaaa which is the best you possibly could achieve at AS. Judging from your UMS alone you should be predicted an A* in both Maths and Physics as you achieved over 90%, but you could probably talk to your teachers about getting the other two A* predictions. (I was predicted A* in physics with only 257/300 at AS).

The standard offer given on the Imperial website for Mechanical Engineering is either A*AAA or A*A*A with the A*s in Maths and Physics, so since your predictions should show you are on track to meet those offers there is no reason you shouldn't get an interview provided you have a good reference and personal statement.
Reply 3
Original post by joekan
Hi guys,

I don't want to waste an application since I have 5 I believe. I need to know whether I have any chance to study Mechanical Engineering at Imperial.

GCSE'S : 2A*, 6A, 2B (+ Distinction* in BTEC Business lol)

AS : Maths 276/300
Further Maths 252/300
Physics 271/300
Chemistry 262/300

Mean Average UMS 88.4%, not stunning grades but okay I guess.
Considering to apply for Southampton, Bristol, Bath.
Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Yes it is worth an application. Your subject combination is strong, and you have AAAA at AS, so I expect your predicted grades will be good too. It's about more than just grades though - you need a good personal statement, and you need to perform well at interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending