The Student Room Group

Could a remark go from a U to an A?

Hi all, is it possible AQA typed in 29 marks as a mistake instead of 92?

I got a strong A in my philosophy mock, and throughout year in other mock papers, and have been preparing to apply to study it at oxford and then, on results, I only just had one mark into a grade E? The school have sent it off for a priority remark straight away. Very strange.

Shared experiences/stories
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lharvey1998

Lol no way. Thats Pushing it a bit.
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Unlucky mate, it is possible obviously and if you think it is worth a remark, sure take the chance.
Reply 3
I've heard they make simple errors like that a lot. I'd definitely recommend a remark! Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Claudious
AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Unlucky mate, it is possible obviously and if you think it is worth a remark, sure take the chance.

Hi, I just added more info on the question, please read!
Reply 5
Original post by CSL123
I've heard they make simple errors like that a lot. I'd definitely recommend a remark! Good luck :smile:

I'm guessing/hoping it simply must be that? I was very comfortable with the exam too! Thanks v much x
do you even know how marks are added ?? it's done at the click of the button, not typing the grades
so sure it's possible if you think they accidentally missed the mark button 63 times
Reply 7
I'm guessing/hoping it simply must be that? I was very comfortable with the exam too! Thanks v much x

Most likely. No problem :smile:
Reply 8
Keep us informed about how it turns out :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by SamuelSingleton
do you even know how marks are added ?? it's done at the click of the button, not typing the grades
so sure it's possible if you think they accidentally missed the mark button 63 times

Hi, thanks for commenting.

AQA is very old fashioned with their marking and are the only exam board who still mark by hand, unlike the more update Edexcel and OCR etc. etc. So, it seems to be possible in the case for AQA
Original post by Azurite
Keep us informed about how it turns out :smile:

Will do, fingers crossed :smile:

I got a strong A in my philosophy mock, and throughout year in other mock papers, and have been preparing to apply to study it at oxford and then, on results, I only just had one mark into a grade E? The school have sent it off for a priority remark straight away. Very strange.

I spent a good 5 minutes scouring the internet for this:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/education/article4198368.ece

http://www.theladbible.com/articles/this-lad-has-written-a-brilliant-complaint-to-an-exam-board

The guy went from a D to an A, so it is possible your grade could go up. Unlikely, but possible.

AQA is very old fashioned with their marking and are the only exam board who still mark by hand, unlike the more update Edexcel and OCR etc. etc. So, it seems to be possible in the case for AQA

Okay, no they don't it's all done online now, but okay
A remark can go from a U to an A. But it's highly unlikely. But yeah it doesn't hurt to remark that exam - hope for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I just added more info on the question, please read!

Well good luck my friend! If all goes well then you will certainly have a story!
Please update when you find out.
Best of wishes :wink:
Could I wake up as Jesus 😂
Original post by Claudious
Well good luck my friend! If all goes well then you will certainly have a story!
Please update when you find out.
Best of wishes :wink:

Will do, thank you!
Original post by SamuelSingleton
Okay, no they don't it's all done online now, but okay

My exam officer informed me of that information and a boy at my school had the same experience where they put the mark in the wrong way around, so they wrote 19 and actually he received a 91 on his remark. So it's possible.

Thanks for commenting
Original post by angelcake123
A remark can go from a U to an A. But it's highly unlikely. But yeah it doesn't hurt to remark that exam - hope for the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you v much

No they are not, they mark online also. It's called AQA Examiner Extranet.

OCR were the only exam board who hadn't switched over to online marking, up until last year (June 2014) when they switched to computers too.

But yes, AQA are well known for poor marking with their written subjects like English and the Humanities - so good luck with your remark and hopefully it's just a misunderstanding. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest