The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

University of South Wales Treforest - timetables

Is anyone else seriously confused about the whole timetable issue? I looked on the Uni website for mine and it didn't seem to make any clear sense to me. Will we all be receiving our own individual timetables or something? And if so, when and where?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Azzassin95
Is anyone else seriously confused about the whole timetable issue? I looked on the Uni website for mine and it didn't seem to make any clear sense to me. Will we all be receiving our own individual timetables or something? And if so, when and where?

Have you tried looking for your student group timetable?
I think they are only draft copies and we get our final ones during enrolment week.
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Reply 2
Original post by hol918
Have you tried looking for your student group timetable?
I think they are only draft copies and we get our final ones during enrolment week.

Ah yes, just checked that now actually. Yeah they seem like drafts lol.
Oh ok, will they be handed to us personally during that week?
Reply 3
Ah yes, just checked that now actually. Yeah they seem like drafts lol.
Oh ok, will they be handed to us personally during that week?

I'm not sure really, I think we'll meet our group tutor and then they might give us copies or they might explain the timetable to us..just have to wait and see :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by hol918
I'm not sure really, I think we'll meet our group tutor and then they might give us copies or they might explain the timetable to us..just have to wait and see :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah alright, nice one :smile:
Reply 5
Ah alright, nice one :smile:

What are you going to be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by hol918
What are you going to be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll be studying History :smile: what about you?
Reply 7
Psychology with developmental disorders :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by hol918
Psychology with developmental disorders :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool! :smile:
Reply 9
Oh cool! :smile:

I hope so! I haven't found anyone else who is doing the same course yet though so I don't think it is very popular
Reply 10
Original post by hol918
I hope so! I haven't found anyone else who is doing the same course yet though so I don't think it is very popular

Ah you probably come across a few during Freshers :smile: I've met very few so far who are doing History lol. I personally prefer if there are less people tbh, since I suffer from social anxiety :P
You living on campus or something then?
Reply 11
You'd hate doing psychology then, I've got lectures with 199 other students - Talk about social anxiety haha!

I'm living at home you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by hol918
You'd hate doing psychology then, I've got lectures with 199 other students - Talk about social anxiety haha!

I'm living at home you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool, I'm currently searching for a room to rent if I don't get the accommodation place. Which is probably the most likely outcome since I applied ridiculously late for it xD
Just to jump in to your conversation :biggrin: I am not sure if you will get a timetable from the teachers, however, by the time its induction day (21st of September) the online timetable should be finalised. You might end up like me first year confused for the first whole week. Ha was that funny. But, it is really simple when you get to meet your stuff they will help ya out :h:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by humbledono
Just to jump in to your conversation :biggrin: I am not sure if you will get a timetable from the teachers, however, by the time its induction day (21st of September) the online timetable should be finalised. You might end up like me first year confused for the first whole week. Ha was that funny. But, it is really simple when you get to meet your stuff they will help ya out :h:

I must confess that I am still confused xD haha. But cheers anyway :smile: I'll keep what you said in mind!
Reply 15
Ah cool, I'm currently searching for a room to rent if I don't get the accommodation place. Which is probably the most likely outcome since I applied ridiculously late for it xD

How come you applied so late?
Reply 16
Original post by hol918
How come you applied so late?

I initially thought of just travelling from home by train. But after testing it out recently, I realised that I can't rely on it every single day nor can I be bothered to do it lol. So yeah... I didn't exactly plan this well :P
Reply 17
I initially thought of just travelling from home by train. But after testing it out recently, I realised that I can't rely on it every single day nor can I be bothered to do it lol. So yeah... I didn't exactly plan this well :P

Oh I see! do you live quite far away then?
I'm planning to commute and so I think that I will spend two hours on a train every day haha
Reply 18
Original post by hol918
Oh I see! do you live quite far away then?
I'm planning to commute and so I think that I will spend two hours on a train every day haha

Well, I wouldn't say too far lol. I'm from Newport :P But it's far enough for me to lose my patience with commuting xD
Reply 19
Well, I wouldn't say too far lol. I'm from Newport :P But it's far enough for me to lose my patience with commuting xD

Oh okay! That's fair enough :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply