The Student Room Group

2015 A level Remark Thread

Read our 2017 guide to reviews and remarks here.

Hi everyone, since this year there seems to be a large number of people remarking papers I thought that it would be interesting to see how everyone fares. So post the papers you are remarking, their outcome and how long it took.

For me:
Edexcel History Unit 2
AQA Physics Unit 2
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Ocr biology. paper one and two. Unfortunately OCR charge so much for remarks, £44 each :frown:
I got A's in my mocks and when checking the unofficial mark schemes, I did well.
However my ums marks only reflect that I only scrapped a B so am very confued
Reply 2
Hey i got 6 UMS of an A overall in my A-level aqa biology. I thought i had done awful and was gunna drop from an B to a C but when i got my grades back i got both A's in BIOL4 and BIOL5, which made me question the marking. However i am keen on getting a remark incase i pull it up to an A. However i don't want it to be marked down loads so i drop a grade and lose my place i've achieved at uni. What should i do?!? Do i risk a remark? chances of me dropping a grade??
My sister got A's in everything then suddenly got E in one module from each of chemistry, maths and physics so we're going to get it remarked - anyone know the chances it will go up? And if so by how much?

We're even thinking that they marked the wrong paper or there's an admin error! I know its unlikely but has anyone heard of this happening before?
Reply 4
Original post by skilly96
Hey i got 6 UMS of an A overall in my A-level aqa biology. I thought i had done awful and was gunna drop from an B to a C but when i got my grades back i got both A's in BIOL4 and BIOL5, which made me question the marking. However i am keen on getting a remark incase i pull it up to an A. However i don't want it to be marked down loads so i drop a grade and lose my place i've achieved at uni. What should i do?!? Do i risk a remark? chances of me dropping a grade??

Hiya, with any remark there's a chance you could lose marks but since you're so far into a B grade it is extremely unlikely, I'd say go for it if you didn't have a place at uni, but you do so it seems unnecessary, but if you want to do it for yourself I definitely would as biology (esp AQA) is open to interpretation more than other sciences such as the essay.
Reply 5
Original post by tcameron
Ocr biology. paper one and two. Unfortunately OCR charge so much for remarks, £44 each :frown:
I got A's in my mocks and when checking the unofficial mark schemes, I did well.
However my ums marks only reflect that I only scrapped a B so am very confued

I know, the prices are ridiculous, don't know where the money goes coz the examiners get nowhere near that to mark one paper. the thing with bio tho, well from aqa experience is that the markscheme is extremely specific and since you're so close to the B boundary I don't know if its worth it as you could drop to a C.
Reply 6
Original post by mizzsnazzter
My sister got A's in everything then suddenly got E in one module from each of chemistry, maths and physics so we're going to get it remarked - anyone know the chances it will go up? And if so by how much?

We're even thinking that they marked the wrong paper or there's an admin error! I know its unlikely but has anyone heard of this happening before?

That does seem a bit weird tbh, but the fact that it happened in 3 different subjects means that its probably not an admin error. If she thinks she did better, you could order a copy of the paper and have a look and then decide how to proceed as this is cheaper. I've heard of it happening in one subject but not 3. I mean if you can spare that much money like go for it.
Reply 7
Chemistry, ocr a exam board. I was one UMS from an A overall (239/300) so am hopefully going to speak to my chemistry teacher tomorrow and go for the remark. Was pretty annoyed as f321 which is meant to be easier than f322 I scored lower in, achieving a pretty solid A for f322
Original post by j5994
I know, the prices are ridiculous, don't know where the money goes coz the examiners get nowhere near that to mark one paper. the thing with bio tho, well from aqa experience is that the markscheme is extremely specific and since you're so close to the B boundary I don't know if its worth it as you could drop to a C.

I know I did well in my exams so I think there must be a mistake somewhere...
Still gonna get the remark despite the risk
I HAVE got C with 207 UMS physics Edexcel , 210 was B , should i go for remark for unit 1 as i think i have done better than what i got?
Having both Psychology A2 exams AQA remarked, sent them off straight away on Thursday still waiting for it back

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Singh_sidhana
I HAVE got C with 207 UMS physics Edexcel , 210 was B , should i go for remark for unit 1 as i think i have done better than what i got?

Why not, go for it if you think you deserved higher in a paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
I asked for a priority photocopy of WJEC Geography G2 and OCR Business F292 and will get a remark if I could have gotten more marks.
I was predicted an A in Business yet ended up with a C and got 23 mark below what I anticipated in the exam that I'm getting back.
Reply 13
Original post by Singh_sidhana

only 3 UMS? GO FOR IT!
I got my remark grade back today and I was 7 UMS off a B in OCR Biology (which I needed to get into my firm choice) and I went up by 9 UMS :')

100% worth it especially as OCR apparently screwed up a lot this year
i got aqa econ unit 4 and unit 3 remarked - went up 10 marks, 12 ums
Reply 15
My OCR biology F214 and F215 went up by 30 UMS marks!!! Results came back in 3 days.
Does anyone know if MEI maths had any marking issues???
Hi pls tell me how to find the remarked results? It've been 2 weeks now and I dont know where can I get the result :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 17
I remarked one of my Classical Civilisation exams and it stayed the same :frown: I'm only 1 UMS away from an A and I feel absolutely useless. I worked so hard and just feel ashamed of my grades.
Original post by maew
I remarked one of my Classical Civilisation exams and it stayed the same :frown: I'm only 1 UMS away from an A and I feel absolutely useless. I worked so hard and just feel ashamed of my grades.

AS or A2?

If AS then it can improve next year (I got a B in RS at AS level (1 ums off an A) - didn't bother to remark - but still got an A at A2).

If A2 then a B is still a good grade.

Don't be so hard on yourself :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by j5994
Hi everyone, since this year there seems to be a large number of people remarking papers I thought that it would be interesting to see how everyone fares. So post the papers you are remarking, their outcome and how long it took.

For me:
Edexcel History Unit 2
AQA Physics Unit 2

Not sure on the subject but I'm an apprentice and someone in my office, her daughter had her papers remarked.

She had her Uni place confirmed providing that she got the grades.

After not getting the grades that she needed she had two of her papers remarked and her papers have now gone up 30% each meaning that she now has the grades needed to get into her chosen Uni. But, the uni will not let her have her place as they have already filled their places. How bad is that!

Quick Reply

Latest